Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I sure could use some help/advice with some changes I'd like to make on my 2006 SLK 55. It's already chipped, has a set of headers which removed the first set of cats and has a Needswings intake. Next thing is an "X" pipe and new speakers to replace the ones between the seats. The dealership wants a lot to install 2 little speakers and there have to be some aftermarkets and instructions out there. Also, "X" pipe prices seem to be kinda' all over the board and European ones can't be shipped to the U.S.? Also, the 18' Michelin Pilot Super Sport rears lasted a grand total of 4887 miles which prompted a mileage warranty of $340 from Tirerack.com but still, the ago old question of balance between what sticks and what lasts. Any advice from all you more knowledgeable SKL 55 owners out there? I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,722 Posts
Hi CYG
On the tyres im been using Goodyear F1 A2 & A3 this is my 3rd set in 7 years of rears lasting about 15k UK miles each set .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thanks for the tire info, that sounds like a decent option. Lo and behold, I was able to order a 2.5" stainless "X" pipe at my local, nationally known muffler shop and will have it installed later this week all totaled for less than $300. So, no cats and no resonator might add a little oomph and should probably sound a little meatier too. We'll see and I should have some pics available as well.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,173 Posts
and when you are ready, check out my mods in my signature block
supercharger, lsd, etc and check out my album pics :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts