Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,728 Posts
Hi All

If you like the 2 part floating front discs , We have had Tar.ox reverse engineer the front discs & now sell them
SLK-Class (R171) Archives - TAROX Online Store

I have had mine 2-3 months now with no problems .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi All
If you like the 2 part floating front discs , We have had Tar.ox reverse engineer the front discs & now sell them
Cheers
Andy
Thanks for the reply Andy :smile: .... but the 340mm Tarox discs (which are for the 6 pots?) at £766 are surely about the same price as originals from Mercedes?

I was looking for a more cost-effective solution :tu:

Cheers
Martin

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the Merc originals come in around £900-950.

However, not sure if the original hubs can be used, and therefore it's only £504 for the pair from Tarox? TBH I'm pretty fussy about brakes, I'm not sure I want to mess about with the alternatives which involved machining down differently sized disks.

·
1,728 Posts
Hi All
We asked Tar.ox to make sure they will sell the outer rotor only as well as a complete Assy. MYself & Seanhump have both just replaced the outer rotors , as also ready pointed out that's a price of about £500 for a pair of floating discs less than half the Oem price. I did not ask before does your Slk have the 6 pot & 4 pot brakes .

Cheers

Andy

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Andy

did you use the original bolts or did you use new bolts for replacing the outer rotor?

cheers, regards Rich

·
Registered 2005 SLK55 AMG
1,701 Posts
Eurocarparts now offering Brembo rotors for 2005/6pot/340x32mm @ £394.80 per disc. Part number 10422187A.

·
Premium Member
1,241 Posts
Hi All

Cheers

Andy
Hi Andy, I'm just checking that the cost was "504 Quid" for a pair (Rotors only), as when I just checked the site it only had "1" in the basket and not 2 for 504?
I may need front discs soon so I was checking around for prices. Euro Car Parts still have the Brembos, but no photo (Just part Number) and I'm not sure if they are the 'Floating Discs' or not? Can you confirm your price again, thanks Terence...

PS: I don't suppose you have any photos and tutorial for replacing just the outer rotors, dealing with all those little nuts etc? :|

·
11,406 Posts
Hi Andy, I'm just checking that the cost was "504 Quid" for a pair (Rotors only), as when I just checked the site it only had "1" in the basket and not 2 for 504?
I may need front discs soon so I was checking around for prices. Euro Car Parts still have the Brembos, but no photo (Just part Number) and I'm not sure if they are the 'Floating Discs' or not? Can you confirm your price again, thanks Terence...

PS: I don't suppose you have any photos and tutorial for replacing just the outer rotors, dealing with all those little nuts etc? :|
Terence, if you click on the "Additional Information" tab for the discs at the link you quoted, it states "Quantity: 2 Discs", although I'm sure Andy can confirm how they were priced for him when he sees your post too.

Reactions: Terentius55

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
28,748 Posts
IF you do look at GSF watch the site carefully.

They frequently have ~40% off.

You just missed a 40% off all braking yesterday.

·
1,728 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.