Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled into the gas station to fill up the tank (at $3.91 a gallon :mad:) and some guy in a mitsubishi convertible pulls up next to me. we both had our roofs down and we didnt speak... I finished filling up and he finished around the same time. I pulled out and he pulled our right behind me. There is a light right by the gas station and he pulled up next to me. I looked over and he was already looking at me. Light turned green and I hear him gun it. I started off easy on the gas and then I just hit it to the floor. I pulled about 2 cars away and hit about 65mph before slowing down at another light. He didnt try to do it again and gave me a beep and a thumbs up. He was a gracious loser, which i dont see often. Anyway, SLK was the faster car! :rockon:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Nice kill. Not suprising though, given that the Spyder is a whopping 400 pounds heavier than the SLK. It is rated 6.7s for 0-60, so even a 280 should beat it. Unfortunately your profile doesn't say which SLK you got. Also, 3.91$ ain't bad at all where I live (again, your profile is missing that information, please add it).

·
Premium Member
10,721 Posts
Nice kill. Not suprising though, given that the Spyder is a whopping 400 pounds heavier than the SLK. It is rated 6.7s for 0-60, so even a 280 should beat it. Unfortunately your profile doesn't say which SLK you got. Also, 3.91$ ain't bad at all where I live (again, your profile is missing that information, please add it).
I think he has a 350, he stated this on his older threads.

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Look in the title of post :)

93 is 3.71 here as of 4/18

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ikarus, I put my car in the title of the post, but I also just updated my profile so you can check it out.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I'm surprised anyone in an eclipse spyder would even try to race a 350. I owned an eclipse GT, which is pretty much the same thing as the spyder, and I wouldn't have even bothered trying to throw down against a 350. Maaaaybe back when it was only 260+ hp, but even then the eclipse just isn't as fast unless the SLK driver has a 6-speed and doesn't know how to shift.

That's cool that he was a gentleman about the loss though. That's definately not the norm for eclipse drivers, from what I've seen even when I owned one.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts