Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody done it did a search but most of it is about the 55s I had a quote from infinity for xpipe and sec cat delete £300 surely they know the 350 as an xpipe already

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,284 Posts
I haven't read about anyone else doing a secondary cat delete on an SLK350, but it will be interesting to hear about the results of doing so...

I've also only heard of Infinity doing work on 55’s, which might explain why they've assumed the 350 needs the x-pipe too. I have only ever seen good things written about the work that Infinity do too!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't read about anyone else doing a secondary cat delete on an SLK350, but it will be interesting to hear about the results of doing so...

I've also only heard of Infinity doing work on 55’s, which might explain why they've assumed the 350 needs the x-pipe too. I have only ever seen good things written about the work that Infinity do too!
well ive got it booked in to be done on the 28 of this month so we will see not doing it for performance just want it a little louder

·
11,284 Posts
well ive got it booked in to be done on the 28 of this month so we will see not doing it for performance just want it a little louder
That's a good enough reason to do it, and it's exactly the same reason I did the x-pipe and secondary cat delete to mine too! >:D

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a good enough reason to do it, and it's exactly the same reason I did the x-pipe and secondary cat delete to mine too! >:D
yes but your engine worthy of the mod just hope my 350 is and it dosnt mess up the omissions

·
11,284 Posts
yes but your engine worthy of the mod just hope my 350 is and it dosnt mess up the omissions
Removing centre resonator and secondary cats on mine made very little difference to the emissions (check out the link in my sig), although I understand why it would be good if another 350 owner that had already done it could share their experiences here too for you...

·
Registered
134 Posts
Can you tell us how much they are charging for this and I'm interested to see if it has any mot (noise or emissions) or economy implications?

Looks like you are the 350 guinea pig for the rest of us to follow!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Can you tell us how much they are charging for this and I'm interested to see if it has any mot (noise or emissions) or economy implications?

Looks like you are the 350 guinea pig for the rest of us to follow!
they said £300

·
Registered
134 Posts
they said £300
I thought that was the price including the x-pipe and the cat delete. Since you aren't going to need the x-pipe I thought it might be less.

It's not a lot of money at the end of the day though so I'm more interested in how you find it when it's done plus the other practical aspects that I mentioned (legal and economical) so looking forward to your update.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought that was the price including the x-pipe and the cat delete. Since you aren't going to need the x-pipe I thought it might be less.

It's not a lot of money at the end of the day though so I'm more interested in how you find it when it's done plus the other practical aspects that I mentioned (legal and economical) so looking forward to your update.
they didn't quote me for just the cat delete as I asked for xpipe and d cat it wasn't till after the phone call to infinity that I rembered I had an xpipe already so it will be cheaper for just cat delete im sure just been on phone to them and its £150 for the cat delete only

·
Registered
120 Posts
Daz1, you sure your car has secondary cats ? Reason I ask is my 350 has 2 secondary resonators not cats as well as the rear mufflers. Not sure if Australia spec is Different from UK spec. I'm sure the US ones have secondary cats to meet LA requirements but not sure bout your UK ones. Can you take a pic of them ? mine are oval shaped and small. There was a thread i read a while back showing one cut open and it was a resonator and hence didnt make a lot of difference to the sound output unfortunately. I'm also trying to make mine sound a little louder without doing a full blown system. The resonators are supposed to cut out a little low end frequency drone.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Daz1, you sure your car has secondary cats ? Reason I ask is my 350 has 2 secondary resonators not cats as well as the rear mufflers. Not sure if Australia spec is Different from UK spec. I'm sure the US ones have secondary cats to meet LA requirements but not sure bout your UK ones. Can you take a pic of them ? mine are oval shaped and small. There was a thread i read a while back showing one cut open and it was a resonator and hence didnt make a lot of difference to the sound output unfortunately. I'm also trying to make mine sound a little louder without doing a full blown system. The resonators are supposed to cut out a little low end frequency drone.
I may end up not getting the job done and go for th piecha exhaust and diffuser I already have some piecha stuff on the car ie power converter and rear boot spoiler and there stuff is good quality and they dell real quick 3 days from Germany to to my door [uk] that's quicker than r/mail lol

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
A friend of mine has a 2005 e320 that he brought to Eurocharged and had secondary cats removed as well as an x-pipe, and compared to a stock one it is hilariously loud. I'd be interested if anyone else with a pre or post facelift has done anything besides full exhaust systems. Wish I could spare to buy the Piecha :( haha they sound amazing from the videos I've seen.

·
Registered 2005 slk350
251 Posts
Hi Daz1, I also have a 2005 350 and I took mine in and had the primary cats "Deleted" or all of the insides removed - to put it bluntly - and I asked about secondary cats at the time and was told they are resonators and to leave them alone, I am very happy with the NOISE level - growl of my car now and I do not have any intention of spending a fortune on buying an aftermarket system at the moment - Happy Boy - for not so much cash!!!

·
Registered
14 Posts
That's awesome, the V6 is already one of the better sounding ones but I bet it is nice with a touch more volume and rasp. Does the growl come in near the lower end or more consistent through the RPM? And no issues with drone etc? Mine is a daily and I bring it on road trips here and there, but so far sounds like maybe the cat delete is the way to go

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
350 second cats delete

Hi,had my 350 done at infinity £130 about 6 months ago,
Brilliant sound, no noisier on normal driving,lovely growl when you floor it.
Worth getting the facelift airbox also sounds amazing,bought mine off eBay secondhand about £90 :laugh:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts