Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently acquired 2005 SLK 350 6-speed MT and just got datacard info for it.

Datacard lists option code 006 - Special Test Vehicle, not sure what it could mean. Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

X-Red

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Interesting one - in the UK it means that it was a test car provided for journalist / magazines for review. Suspect it may be the same for the US....

I think the owner of "K2 SLK" is on the forum - if you watched Top Gear, you saw Clarkson playing with it..

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,481 Posts
Welcome from Valrico, Florida!
And welcome to this great forum!

Please update your vehicle yr in your profile as it helps the members answer any questions you might have based on locale and model and year.
Usercp at the top of page, edit your details, vehicle.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your questions in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response.Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.
And finally, if you find something useful on your visit here today, perhaps something that saved you time or money, please consider becoming a donating member or make a one-time donation to offset development and operating costs. Even $5 is welcome! At the top of the page, click ‘Donate now’. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John,

Interesting comment on option code 006 - Special test vehicle.

My understanding was that datacard shows a list of options as installed by factory when vehicle is delivered. Are you saying that Daimler builts special cars for magazine or shows reviews?

Thanks for your help,

X-Red

1 - 10 of 10 Posts