Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy Thursday Guys and Gals,

Hope everyone's enjoying the first few weeks of Spring and letting their tops down assuming the weather's right in their neck of the neighbourhood ;)

Anyhow I figured I'd ask the experts here on the forums for some advice in regards to a big brake upgrade I plan on doing on my 06 SLK 350 this season.

So basically I bought a set of genuine AMG 6/4 piston calipers and matching rotors that came off a Mercedes SLS from someone I knew who decided to upgrade their supercar to a Ceramic setup instead and gave me a really good deal on their pre-existing brakes so I bought them.

Anyhow I took it to my indy auto shop assuming they would just bolt on but they weren't able to install them because I believe they're missing the caliper bracket support since they didn't come with what I bought. I tried getting in touch with my contact but he's not too familiar with technical stuff, just a guy who buys really nice toys ;)

So my question(s) is will these brakes even fit my car assuming I get the missing caliper bracket or will I have to really change out the entire suspension and wheel hub in order to make it fit, if that's even possible or cost effective? I know I’ll probably have to upgrade to larger rims and have a set of 19” ready to go so I’m covered in that department in terms of clearance for the rotors and calipers.

Also if it's as simple as finding the correct caliper brackets where's the best place to find those for these particular brakes? Or do I have to get them custom fabricated to meet my particular needs and spacing requirements?

I know I should have done more research before buying them but I just got super excited seeing these and imaging them already on my car without knowing if they would even fit! So long story short if there’s any advice and helpful info on this subject that you guys could share with me and point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve included some pics as well to help you guys see what exactly I’m working with and what I'd like to achieve.

Thanks in advance to all those reply and provide me with useful info!
SK

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
can you not take it to a fabricators and have a custom adapter bracket made up? I'm doing something similar with some Tarox 6 pots from a Jaguar XKR..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts