Mercedes SLK World banner

1461 - 1480 of 1576 Posts

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,462 ·
No actually I didn't the poor thing is a proper dirty minger right now, needs a full on "Springtime" Valet inside and out ;)

I'm actually hoping to do it Friday if I can get shot of one more Customers heap tomorrow, an Audi Q5 with EPS Rack issue :)

MOT is next Tuesday ;)

·
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,465 ·
I gave my dirty minger a good sorting out on Friday 🤣
Full valet inside and out, including a de-tar, this Car attracts tiny Tar spots low down on the Doors and Skirts ....

The Tar Spots are likely because the Highland Councils contractors fill our potholes in and resurface our roads, but the bloomin' stuff doesn't stick to the ground, it all ends up on my Car :(
She's now a minter :D :D :D

·
Super Moderator (Canada)
2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30 "Schwarzie"
17,726 Posts
One article I saved years ago said this:
WD-40 will not harm your car's paint and should work to remove sap, tar, adhesives and even chewing gum from seats and carpets. Just spray, let it sit for like 5 minutes and wipe clean with a microfiber towel. Afterwards you should wash the area with soap and water and reapply wax since WD-40 will strip it.Oct. 1, 2012

And just found this

·
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,468 ·
What do you use to get rid of the tar Dave?
Just damp a rag with a touch of Diesel that's what I use, as do fleet owners ;)

As Len rightly says WD40 works but I hate WD40 with a passion, because if you ever need to paint where WD40 has been it will react like a wotsit, and yes don't forget to wash and wax the areas afterwards :)

HTH :)

·
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,471 ·
V8 R170 PRESS RELEASE

It's Official ....

UK #2 R170 V8 project is outta the starting blocks .......................

The cars new owner will be starting his build thread shortly, we have an S500 Donor Car, and currently purchasing parts, also the recipient SLK 320 is being collected very soon ;)

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
1,726 Posts
V8 R170 PRESS RELEASE

It's Official ....

UK #2 R170 V8 project is outta the starting blocks .......................

The cars new owner will be starting his build thread shortly, we have an S500 Donor Car, and currently purchasing parts, also the recipient SLK 320 is being collected very soon ;)

You know how thick I am Dave - well, what does this mean; are you making one for somebody else?

·
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,476 ·
Well as some of y'all know I have pulled the trigger and bought another V6 R170, going to get it at the weekend.

It's been well looked after by @chopper_harris and was a shame to break it up, so I asked if I could buy it whole :)

Initially I'm going to use the car for R & D purposes to get the 7G Transmission conversion nailed, before fitting it into my V8 R170, after that, if the old girl is solid enough, I will restore it including the needed Rear Wheel-arch replacements etc.

This is the Car below, if I restore it and do V8 install #3, then it is definitely gonna get painted Hyacinth Red I adore that Colour as much as the Lazulithe Blau that my R170 V8 is ;)
I think that R170 V8 #3 should be an M113 5.4 Kompressor Engine :) ................... Wot y'all a sayin ?

So I have to go to Standish in England to get the car on Saturday, I've got a shot of a Trailer from a local Garage, I will be towing it with my Workshop Van :)

I decided to give the Van a full Vehicle check and decent Service after finishing off the C5 'troon today ;)
Last time I looked the Van over was end of November 2020 at MOT Test time, The old girl has been used almost Daily throughout the foul winter weather ....

Good job I did :ROFLMAO: ..............................

Right Front Spring broken .............................

Don't think this would have done a 700 miles round trip Towing, it is about to come outwards over the Strut and go through the Tyre, (which thankfully it hasn't touched yet) ....

So parts will be here in the morning, the strut is off and on 't' floor as y'all can see, I ordered a new top mount as well as it's a scabby old minger ;)

Chow ;)

·
* Registered - Looking for an SLK
Fleet of bottom feeder W210's....
156 Posts
I think that R170 V8 #3 should be an M113 5.4 Kompressor Engine
Be easier if you started with a SLK32 base. All the extra bits for the supercharger, intercooler, secondary air pump relocation and et al is already done for you.

Last I checked, secondary air pump for any of the supercharged 112/113 cost $600 before markup. You have one lying around? 😳

·
5,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,480 ·
Surely I'd use all those bits from the C215 CL / W220 S Class V8 Kompressor Donor, which would be 1/4 the price of a 32 ?

I'll have to ask Aussie, but he has a 55K in his Crossfire, I'm sure that's what he did ;)

1461 - 1480 of 1576 Posts