Mercedes SLK World banner

1421 - 1440 of 1464 Posts

·
Premium Member 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,421
Nah Myk,

Glorious day earlier, it was a bit cold up over Cluanie, plenty of Snow on the Hills and Verges but the road was Pukka and dry :)

No Tourists, I hardly saw another Car :D :D :D

In actual fact I timed it right, I got home, took the above pic, and as I got the car tucked up in the Workshop it started to rain ;)

Pissisting down now ;)

Off to Skye for Curry in a whiley ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,422
Now then :D ..................

This is a performance Mod for an R171 ...................

6.2 litres 7G Tronic and 38k miles from new 👿

That is a work of art ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,425 (Edited)
That looks to be a beast!
507 Hp / 630Nm :D

when can you fit me in for the swap
Installed in a R171 that'll come out about £18k, guy wants serious dosh for it with ECU and Airbox assy etc, I have slapped him a sensible offer for immediate payment, see if he accepts :unsure:

8000 rpm redline, I wanna know what that'll sound like at full chat through an 89mm Bore Exhaust system

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,426
Well, I just finished on the Paint Booth / Garage Project for today, will update that thread in a minute, but I got 2 Customer Cars here and 2 more arriving tomorrow, so I thought I'd get a head start for the morning and park the S Class back in, it's imperative to get it close to the south wall so when I put the SLK in it makes easy to get in and out of both Cars and move them in and out independently of each other ;)

I think I'm getting better at this and got the hang of it now :D :D :D ....

Ta Ta's ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,429
I'd say there's a couple of inches, the lighting and photo makes it hard to see, that's the closest so far, it's kinda hard because I have to fold the Cars Mirrors as I'm on the final "swinging the front in" to the left ;)

Garage was built to the size of the original 4.8 x 6m base ;)

I am gonna put a "Truck" Mirror on each end Wall corner, so I can see it better from seated in the Car, but yeah, I'm getting my sight lines now for putting 'em both in :D

I'll get a couple more pics with doors open in a while when I put the SLK away ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,430
All tucked up for the coming week, it's a bigger gap than it looked, (as the Bishop said to the Actress) 🤣

(y)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,431
Who all remembers all the care and diligence needed to relocate the Starter Motor from Right to Left Hand side on my V8 when I did the conversion on the SLK ?????????????

Well, guess what, if I'd bought an E Class 55 Kompressor V8 it's already on the Left ;) ...............................................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, one day Rodney, one day ;)

·
Registered 2010 SLK350
171 Posts
Who all remembers all the care and diligence needed to relocate the Starter Motor from Right to Left Hand side on my V8 when I did the conversion on the SLK ?????????????

Well, guess what, if I'd bought an E Class 55 Kompressor V8 it's already on the Left ;) ...............................................

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, one day Rodney, one day ;)
Dave, I think really you already knew that, but wanted to show your engineering skills and show that 'nothing' beats you! ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,433
I honestly only found that yesterday whilst browsing some Engines :)

It may be easier to convert a RHD Car by using a V8 E Class Engine, not sure how many E500's or E55's are about in the UK, but certainly worth doing the research when buying a Donor for R170 V8 Conversions if they all have the Starter on the left ;)

I don't suppose it matters on R171, they are rack and Pinion Steering aren't they ?

Just a bit of trivia really unless anyone else fancies doing a RHD V8 R170 ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,435
This has got to be a world record .....................

New Customer today, 2017 Audi A7 Quattro S line :poop: ...................

Car has a reported 41335 miles on it hmmmmmmmmmm ................

It drives like an absolute dog, I'll bet its another ex lease car that has had a CAN Mileage Blocker fitted .................

Anyways, it came here because no one locally could run a Diagnostic on it, Steering Warning Message and dash lit up like a Crimble Tree ........................

So here's the record, the VAG Com Diagnostic Print Out Initial Read was 52 pages long with fault codes :ROFLMAO:

After reading them and printing, I took it for a long road test and did a Final Read which had then gone down to 48 pages :ROFLMAO:

Conclusion :-

Torque Sensor in EPS Rack is faulty, requires new Rack

Rear Parking Sensor Circuit Fault

Water Ingress somewhere is responsible for eleventy billion CAN Bus Communication Codes between most all of it's Modules

I took 2 hrs money off the man for the full diagnosis and politely declined the job, if it was a Mercedes I'd have sorted it for him, but I just know it will bite my nether regions being from the VAG :poop: Stable ;)

·
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,436 (Edited)
Amongst other bits and bobs guess wot I got for my Birthday .......................

A pukka Gas Monkey Garage Hoodie in my FB size :D :D :D :D :D

1421 - 1440 of 1464 Posts