Mercedes SLK World banner

921 - 924 of 924 Posts

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
650 Posts
I have a friend that has a Mercedes with that ECO system. Drove me nuts as the damn car shuts off at every stop and then starts up again. As a mechanic I just keep thinking about the starter, battery and other systems take a beating with this. Certainly is a PIA.........
Gotta say, the system in my Peugeot is so seamless that I’ve completely forgotten that it’s there. I’ve not had to replace anything or have anything break in seven years, although in passing when I was chatting with my garagiste he told me that the alternator not only cost twice as much, but it was almost impossible to get reconditioned ones, so, I’m certain you are all right In many ways, but I’ve been lucky so far!

·
650 Posts
Yeah but no but, Myk, ..............

Feel free to tell me I'm being a Delta India Charlie Kilo, but when you start the Car, just as easy to press Eco Button to turn that :poop: off as it is to Press Sport Mode button to put it into Sport, both settings revert to Standard Nanny ECO :poop: when switched off and restarted ;) ..................

So I come back to lets reprogram it how it should have come from the factory, the ECO switch turns it on, only if me, the Cars Owner / Driver decides that I want it on, and not the other way around ;)
That’s the way Dave. Don’t take any nannying nonsense. BTW, can you reprogram other things/people perchanse? 😂

·
650 Posts
I can't believe no one pointed me to thissy here thread right here on our beloved Forum .......................

Whilst I'm not 101% certain right now that I'll not brick my Car it does help to dispel some internet myths around Vediamo, and now it is a bit clearer, basically Vediamo is the MB "Developer Mode" for use with "Later" Cars that require Xentry, it's just not as easy to use as Developer ...................

I was nervous when I first used Developer, now I almost use it when asleep 🤣

I'll let y'all know when I suss it out not comfortable playing with it on Car yet ;) .................

I might get my tireless ECU Guru pal in States to do the ECO via Team Viewer on this one, and I can video what he does, then slow it all down and watch watch watch ;)

Mel will go "Ape :poop:" if I 🧱 'her' new car :ROFLMAO:
OMG Dave - I know what’s coming from different convo. This is nerve racking!

·
Registered 2002 R170 SLK V8 5.0
2,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #924
OK, so I got to give the E Class a right thorough going over on the lift earlier today ..........................

It's like new underneath, I'll be Waxoyling it before the coming winter. As well as the full SDS session it had, this morning I have now done a total Vehicle Inspection, and could find nothing wrong except for 2 Faults I'd already observed .......................

I found the vibration issue, both rear wheel rims are pot hole damaged and not running true, one has had a crack repaired, also it has a slow leak in the Rear Air Suspension, it goes down over about 5 hours, investigation reveals it's gonna be a Valve Block, perhaps the Air Bag Springs so I pondered this a while then sent a 3 page detailed Email to emailed the Dealer telling them I was happy buuuuuuuut ....................

I knew he'd want a haggle so I priced the Suspension parts at MB Prices and told him without Labour, which I kindly wouldn't charge him for, it would cost me £1500 in parts ...................

lol, I just got a £1000 back off them, which is exactly what I wanted in the first place 😈

I bought 2 VGC Used Rims off EBay earlier they just have the usual lacquer peel issue, £250, plus a pair of genuine Dunlop Air Springs from my Factor for £300, and to get the 2 used Wheels refurbed Silver to match the Front ones will cost me £70.
I have a perfect used Valve Block for the Air Susp in stock, as I changed a Compressor and VB for a customer a while back, he wanted both done even though there was only a Compressor Relief Valve issue on his Car, so I also have a spare Compressor too ;) .....................

Result, and I'm still very happy, that Dealer is a very trustworthy and honest company :)

:D :D :D

921 - 924 of 924 Posts