Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite ROTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
3201 - 3220 of 3224 Posts

· **Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,201 ·
But not YOU, of course, right?
Well we didn't chuck our vehicles off the road, no no no ;)

BTW ....

A 3800 HP V8 in a rather large Chassis is needed to break 500mph ....

Motor vehicle Engineering Automotive exterior Rolling Gas

Food for thought 🤣

· *Administrator (Premium Member)
44,646 Posts
Out of curiosity, what's the maximum speed those pesky camera's can record?
Dave's local cops:

Two members of the traffic police were out in the countryside with a radar gun recently, happily engaged in apprehending speeding motorists, when their equipment suddenly locked-up completely with an unexpected reading of well over 300 mph.

The mystery was explained seconds later as a low flying Tornado hurtled over their heads.

The boys in blue, upset at the damage to their radar gun, put in a complaint to the RAF, but were somewhat chastened when the RAF pointed out that the damage might well have been more severe.

The Tornado’s target-seeker had locked on to the ‘enemy’ radar and triggered an automatic retaliatory air-to-surface missile attack.

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,204 ·
Ya see .....................

All ya gotta do is exceed 300mph and the Cops are screwed :ROFLMAO:
Retirement project anyone .....

· *Premium Member
2005 SLK200K 'Little Growler'
2,735 Posts

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,207 ·
We’re gonna need a bigger straight!
You and I both know where there is one that I tested to a GPS recorded 176 mph (when the road was closed occifer :p ), sadly since we were both last there together the then new Tarmac has degraded a fair bit, don't think I'd like to repeat that experiment again these dayz 🙃

· *Premium Member
2001 SLK200K/2001 SLK320
4,000 Posts

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,209 ·
Think we need to start working on Warp Drives strapped on our SLK's then :ROFLMAO:

Actually, I've said it B4, all ya need to do is fit these :-

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,210 ·
Well, that's my last job outta the door until at least 9th January 2023 :D :D :D

D15KOE will be in use until Boxing Day, when I'll start some welding.

Tommorrow will see me do a few jobs around the place, maybe an outside job if it's dry and sunny like today, if not I'm gonna build the Hot Tub / Conservatory Sound System from the spare LG Soundbar and Sub I had left over ;)

It's gonna all be mounted on a board that will spend most of it's life hung on a wall in the Conservatory, except when BBQ'ing in summer when it can be moved outside and hung on our rear external wall in the area where we Barby ;) All it will have when done is one Mains Plug, it will bluetooth to my phone which has a wide variety of tracks on it that can be random played like I do in my cars (y)

Todays dittie :-

Face Smile Flash photography Gesture Happy

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,212 ·
Well, it's been a while since my last post here ....................

Didn't get the welding done on the D15KOE, he has been in service during all the Snow and Ice couldn't get the E Class up our drive at one point, so looks like that welding will be some kind of mad rush before the MOT in end of February.

I did get the soundbar / woofer all done, sounds superb.
I also removed the Oil fired Rayburn from our Kitchen, we don't need it now, we bought an electric Range Cooker 2 years ago, and what with the price of Oil there wasn't any point in it taking up space.
Had to strip it completely in order to get it out which led to an unholy sooty mess, thankfully Mel was at work, and all was cleaned up before she got home, mostly thanks to her Son who knows how to work a mop better than I, we had it all cleaned and done before it was time to go pick her up from work :D :D :D

Of course, one thing leads to another, and so Mel decides we need a large (huge) American Fridge Freezer, so we duly bought one, which means more Bear Snax can be kept in stock ....... Win Win ......

So next we have spaces where the Old under counter Fridge and separate under counter Freezer came out ....................... Yeah, so I've just finished an almost complete refurb of the kitchen with new units doors etc etc etc :rolleyes:

So now the workshop is busy, a bunch of aggro with dumb faults no-one else has been able to fix ............. A 2016 Citroen Berlingo Van that had the Brake Lights and ESP Light on permanently, had to rebuild the BSN module under the bonnet as rodents had infested it and I do believe urinated on a small part of the circuitry which needed rebuilding as it was all corroded !

Now onto a customers S Class with wiring issues, that too is infested with vermin and got a break in a rear left ABS wire somewhere ....

Automotive design Automotive tire Automotive exterior Personal protective equipment Metal

Automotive tire Trunk Hood Gas Bumper

So, interest has waned today, and I've finally got around to a much more worthwhile job, especially since over the holidays the Bonnet decided to instantly lower itself on ma head :( ....

New Stabilus (OEM) Bonnet Strut just fitted to the V8 SLK ....

Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

And the old one which has no puff at all left in it ....

Bumper Wood Gas Automotive exterior Asphalt

There was loads more stuff that I got up to, but I suppose I better go back to the customers S Class and see if I can find the will to strip out half the interior and fix the loom ;)

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,215 ·
More impressive, it lives outdoors...IN SCOTLAND!
It spends the odd night or 2 outside, but never gets driven OTR when the Salt is about, this one hasn't had all the welding / etc like the other one ;)
It's usual spot in the garage is currently occupied by the Silver R170 project Car which will be OK to stand outside once the 1/4 panels paintwork is completed, as that one has already had full welding / schutz and waxoyl treatment !!

Of course that will be after the D15KOE's welding, after the week away Drifting with some pros, after the Log Cabin refurbish in good weather and after the ................. after the ................. ya get the picture ? 🤣

Most nights the V8 is in the Workshop, if I have a customers car on lift, I just put it up and park the blue SLK underneath, helps keep the damp outta / off of it ;)

9,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,219 ·
They can and do fail.

Mine has a better chance, it does get maintained, and mine isn't like a quick turn around garage doing servicing brakes etc all day long, most cars are here for a while, so that means my lift doesn't go up and down all day long, probably just a handful of times a week .................

The most important thing is that the mechanical locks work, and before leaving anything under the lift, (also before working under it), one should go just over the height one wants and then lower it slightly so it sits on the locks ;)

I always do that ;)

Finally, the chance is reduced because the Car is only gonna be under it a maximum of 3 months in the foul weather, and during those months there isn't always a customers car on it, if the customers car drives, then it gets put outside and SLK moved in for the night !!

3201 - 3220 of 3224 Posts