Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
3181 - 3192 of 3192 Posts

·
**Premium Member '02 R170 SLK V8 5.0 & '00 SLK320
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,181 ·
Exhaust rear Silencers centre brace done ✅

Road test done ✅
Alignment done ✅
Tyre Pressures done ✅
Thorough Leak check done ✅

After Coffee fire the Undershields back on and then comes the best bit ......................

Sort out the final Invoice :ROFLMAO:

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,183 ·
I've already had the Parts pre payment, and the stripdown Labour stage payment, so just the rebuilding Labour and Fluids charge now ;)
I always take special order parts prepayments now before I order parts from Dealerships !!

One silly old man ruined that for everyone, and nope, he wasn't a jockish local either, a bloody European incomer :mad:

I ordered a four figure part (ABS Pump / Module) for his Car, and I paid for it at time of order, then when that part arrived I phoned him and got the story that it had broken it's Timing Belt and he'd scrapped it !! Refused to pay for the part, despite the fact I couldn't return it without a significant charge, I ended up outta pocket for about £300 :mad:

So he got black balled and everyone now has to pay for any parts ordered from the main stealers !!

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,185 ·
You told me the steps led to a jetty, not ....
Oh how I wish that would wash up on our beach area ;)

Final extended road test completed, ready to go home, I think it's getting collected in the morning now.

I gotta say it, after all this work, and with all the fettling like properly hanging the Exhaust, aligning the front end, normalising and re teaching stuff with SDS, changing a couple of the ABC bits proactively etc it's the best that this old girl has driven in a while ;)

Farewell for now the V12 CL600 👏 ....

Of course the downside to finishing this job is that tomorrow I gotta work on one of Pierre's finest ................. The 'Troon' Berlingo Multispace tomorrow, mind that is a tad easier I don't need to think about that one :p

4 hours should see that done, finish the wiring repair and refit passenger Seat will sort the Airbag light, and then just an annual service ;)

Should get some time on my own Vehicles between Thursday Morning and Monday Evening ;)

·
*Administrator (Premium Member)
43,455 Posts
Oh how I wish that would wash up on our beach area ;)

Final extended road test completed, ready to go home, I think it's getting collected in the morning now.

I gotta say it, after all this work, and with all the fettling like properly hanging the Exhaust, aligning the front end, normalising and re teaching stuff with SDS, changing a couple of the ABC bits proactively etc it's the best that this old girl has driven in a while ;)

Farewell for now the V12 CL600 👏 ....

Of course the downside to finishing this job is that tomorrow I gotta work on one of Pierre's finest ................. The 'Troon' Berlingo Multispace tomorrow, mind that is a tad easier I don't need to think about that one :p

4 hours should see that done, finish the wiring repair and refit passenger Seat will sort the Airbag light, and then just an annual service ;)

Should get some time on my own Vehicles between Thursday Morning and Monday Evening ;)
How long before he realises he has a V6 and your ‘V6’ has a large bonnet bulge?

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,187 ·
CL V12 is now back with it's proud owner, his wallet is one helluva lot lighter now :ROFLMAO:

Citrooooooooon is done so back at the D15KOE tommorrow, target is to run all the Cables and fit Sensors and Boost Tube under the Bonnet plus get 'em all inside the vehicle by tommoz night ;)

I also gotta fit the 2 rear Shox and Top Mounts to the E Class before Monday as we head off on our Hol end of next week :)

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,188 · (Edited)
In the wind down zone now before heading off tomorrow night.

Sellers and Couriers have been told if they haven't resolved sh1t by 5.00pm tomorrow I will pay the money and whack a small claims procedure on 'em all, at which point all my costs will be added, fed up wi' it now and it's quite clear that I am not going to get the items they claim have been delivered !! ;)

Here's a measly little tidbit ;) ....

Product Sleeve Asphalt Wood Font

Of course If there was capers gherkins and onion thrown in y'all would be saying tartare to me :p

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,190 ·
@nemiro

You guys can all put what ya like, I'll smile either way (y)

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,191 ·
Hopefully my Soundbar woes are now sorted, not having much faith that the seller of the one that was delivered only it wasn't delivered will actually sort it, and wanting my fully immersive Surround and Woofer all working in harmony, I ordered an upgrade on my existing soundbar 2 days ago, it has just arrived, so I'm off in to play (y)

If I get really really lucky this one may also synch with my existing sub so I can have double Subs = BIGGER RUMBLES & BOOMS
I was watching some NASCAR last night and when the Cars were in the pit the rumble from those V8's, jeez it was like standing right next to one :D :D :D ................. 2 Subs with Sub down a tad on the Equaliser will fill the room better :) :) :)

also ....

Rectangle Wood Plant Font Art

🤣

·
9,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,192 ·
Well, that's me all 7.1'd up for the Movie Fest we have at Crimble, all working fine and dandy :D

It took some fiddling to set up, and I'm still fettling, but I've now got what I really really wanted Sound wise ;)

Some Nascar in about 5 mins should manage to knock Mel outta bed :ROFLMAO:

Bonus is I've got enuf nice new bits left over to revamp my Hot Tub Conservatory Sound System (Bar and Sub plus spare Remote and PSU) and as it's Bluetooth Source to Bar we can mount it on a board and hang in the Conservatory, and then use it hung outside when Barby'ing in the Summer.
I have Micro SD Card on me phone with all my favourite seletctions on, and also a lappy with my entire Disco library on, so just BT one of those to the Bar and tap the random play button :D

Cases packed, 1 hour left on a customers job tommoz, then quick vehicle check on the AMG Wagon and some Kip before my Minx and I are off on our Hols (y)

Driving down overnight as usual, it's just soooo much less hassle ;)

3181 - 3192 of 3192 Posts