Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering swapping the grill on my 01 320 with one styled like a cl class. It under $200 on ebay. Has anyone tried this? Is this considered posing and a bad idea? I have always customized my cars $200 is a fairly cheap mod compared to wheels and paint.
Thanks ardie

·
Registered
95 Posts
Personally I would say your not really posing. Anyway if changing the car brings you more enjoyment I say go for it! It really should be what you want regardless of what others think.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am considering swapping the grill on my 01 320 with one styled like a cl class. It under $200 on ebay. Has anyone tried this? Is this considered posing and a bad idea? I have always customized my cars $200 is a fairly cheap mod compared to wheels and paint.
Thanks ardie
I am considering buying a new stock R170 grill for my 2003 320. I think your 01 and my 03 have the same grill. what shape is it in and how much do you want?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Hard to think a $200 styling modification would look good on a $40-50K Mercedes.

In fact, nothing that looks like you got it cheap, does ... including wheels.

IMHO

Mercedes is a pretty special car and I'd think that if someone were an industrial designer, the opportunity to work for Mercedes would be just about the ultimate dream job. To me this means those with the most talent rise to the top and those with less work in the aftermarket.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts