Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum, but i have been reading all i can find on the SLK 32 aftermarket air intakes. At the moment I am putting together a parts list to design my own intakes (i think i have a good plan going). do you think it makes a difference to do a 3 inch needs wings style intake or is it better to just change the y pipe to the sl55 y pipe or perhaps just a needs wings y pipe? If I do design my own I plan to make my own intake horns to sit in front of the radiator. Or at least find a pipe that will fit snugly where the current inlet is behind the grill. I would use 3 inch piping with inline air filter canisters. I have seen so much conflicting info on the subject. any info would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. Padgett, I did see a post from a number of years ago. It looked like a hot air intake, rather then a CAI lol. I was finally able to find some pictures of the original Needswings devil horn scoops that sit right behind the grill. I might try and fab up my own devil horn style scoops out of some aluminium IC pipe. Now, would it be beneficial in any way to wrap the pipes in the thermal tape?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts