Mercedes SLK World banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLK 32 AMG Engine Modifications

21K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Santamonica SLK32 
#1 ·
I just recently bought a '02 SLK 32 AMG. I was wondering what modifications are available to increase the horsepower and if there is a recommended shop/mechanic in the Nevada/Southern California area that can do these modifications (correctly)

#5 ·
I too have a 2002 SLK32 AMG.

Performance mods:

Kleemann ECU/Pulley kit
Kleemann High Performance Camshafts
SL55 Y-Pipe
Green Filters
Kleemann LSD (One of a Kind in USA for R170)<--Doesn't add horsepower but it is a performance mod

Exhaust was not touched as the cost vs the increase was not feasable as the AMG exhaust is pretty wide open.....also You can not run a true dual as there is not enough room under the car to run pipes coming straight off the main exhaust like there is with the new SLK55.

You can also get headers for the SLK32 but there is very little room to put them in and would be very expensive for the little increase you get from adding them and again....Not worth the money for the little increase

I prefer Kleemann over Renntech but its like Chevy/Ford.

I've had no problems with any of my Kleemann mods.

I dyno'd (In Florida) 360 rwhp and 349.8 rwtq.....Roughly 410-430hp at the motor.

I think that both Renntech and Kleemann should suit you fine......But you have to decide which one to use....Kleemann or Renntech.

Good luck with your decision.

Tungster (Bat Mobile)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.