Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my slk 200k remapped and that gave it approx. 30 bhp more
but for the slk 280 its only 15 bhp more so is it worth it? would I notice any difference?
thanks in advance

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,213 Posts
280 and 300 are the same:

SLK 300 (known as SLK 280 in some markets) – 3.0 L (2996 cc) 170 kW (231 PS; 228 hp) double overhead cam V6 engine, 0–100 km/h (62 mph) 6.3 seconds, top speed 155 mph. (starting in 2006 model year)

so i don't think unless an ecu tune or headers u will get much. what do i know (according to some, not much)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
but for the slk 280 its only 15 bhp more so is it worth it? would I notice any difference?
thanks in advance
mine is a 300. I think up to 2009 they were badged as 280 and then 2009-2011 badged as 300 here in uk.i could be wrong but all the ones ive seen before 09 say 280 and then 09 and after say 300.mine says 300 and is a09 model

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
You have 225 now - enough to make the wheels spin on a hard surface. I really do not believe you would notice another theoretical 6%...

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have 225 now - enough to make the wheels spin on a hard surface. I really do not believe you would notice another theoretical 6%...
yeah that's what I thought .for what it cost's to be remapped compared to the benefits its not really worth having done

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you may get better mpg after the remap but I doubt 15bhp will pull your socks off mate >:D
your right its a waste of time having done.in my old 200k I noticed the difference or at least my wife did when I noticed her hanging on to anything she could grab hold off lol

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
thanks in advance

Where did you get your remap for the 200? Looking for remapping mine, but the only tuner in Seden promises only 13hp increase, and then I need to run on 98 octane

·
Premium Member
334 Posts

·
Banned
801 Posts
I consider remapping the ECU a waste of money especially for a 15 HP gain.
Also I certainly wouldn't recommend it on an engine with a lot of miles.

Instead I recommend you invest the money in something that'll provide a greater degree of pleasure perhaps visiting the Golden Corral?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I consider remapping the ECU a waste of money especially for a 15 HP gain.
Also I certainly wouldn't recommend it on an engine with a lot of miles.

Instead I recommend you invest the money in something that'll provide a greater degree of pleasure perhaps visiting the Golden Corral?
ive not had my present car remapped I did have my old slk 200k remapped though

·
Registered
804 Posts
would I notice any difference?
From the HP increase? Probably not.

Keep in mind though that remaps can also sharpen the accelerator pedal response so you may well feel the car is faster/more responsive. Not a bad investment if you look at it that way...

Cheers,
Brian

1 - 16 of 16 Posts