A
Front Size:
225/40/18
Rear Size:
255/35/18

Common Vehicles These Wheels will Fit:
Mercedes Benz: C / CLK / E / S / SLK Classes

Description:
This rim/tire combo came off of an '06 SLK 280. I purchased them for my '03 SL 500 fully expecting to change the tires to ensure proper Revolutions per Mile, but did not realize the rims were staggered and thus the front rims will not even fit my car. My loss = your gain.
That said, the rims and tires are all in excellent condition.

The rims are AMG style, full chrome which is in excellent condition showing no pitting, scrapes or flaws in the rim faces. They are also complete with chrome valve stems, chrome valve caps and chrome MBZ center covers. As for curb-rash, there are only 2 small areas of curb rash on the front rims (see images above). The back rims have no curb rash at all. The back of each rim indicates: Z150 T320 along with rim size and load ratings.

As for the tires, they are Toyo Proxes T1R Ultra-High Performance Summer tires. These are Z Y Speed rated or 186MPH top speed. They are mounted, balanced and have a ton of tread life left. There are some dry rot cracks visible in the tread-faces but otherwise the tires are like new and ready to rock. When I purchased this set I was informed that the rims and tires had only 5k miles on them and the tires certainly show very little use.

This entire set was originally purchased directly through a local MBZ dealer. However, the rims do not show any OEM MBZ markings, so I am not selling them as such.

Similar rims sell new for over $2k while the Toyo Proxes TR1 tires in these sizes/ratings go for another ~$1k.

I'm asking $2000.00 for the package.
Only hoping to get back what I spent for these.

Due to the weight of these rims/tires I will not ship them. But, I am willing to drive and/or meet a buyer within reasonable distance (i.e. <50 miles / from Central New Jersey).

I also will not sell the rims or tires separately from each other (the tires are already mounted and balanced!).

I have these listed on Ebay here:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170657006439

Check out the auction for larger images.

And, feel free to contact me directly w/ questions:
[email protected]

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,361 Posts
Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Just a suggestion, but if you still have the rims/tires contact a local freight company and see what they would charge to toss them on a pallet and shrink wrap them up for shipping . . . it will probably be less than you think, and somebody who really want them won't mind paying the shipping. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a suggestion, but if you still have the rims/tires contact a local freight company and see what they would charge to toss them on a pallet and shrink wrap them up for shipping . . . it will probably be less than you think, and somebody who really want them won't mind paying the shipping. Good luck.
Great idea. It's been awhile, but I still have these. I held up on trying to sell them since it's winter here, but w summer fast approaching, I figured it's time to get the high performance summer tires now. :)

I'll be looking into freight costs if anyone is interested. Let me know!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.