Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a copy of the of the manual from shockwave tech that Marty put out I have a cylinder leak and need to repair it...
If so can you email me a copy at [email protected]

Kind regards
Chess

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Does anyone have a copy of the of the manual from shockwave tech that Marty put out I have a cylinder leak and need to repair it...
If so can you email me a copy at [email protected]

Kind regards
Chess
Chess, do a search on the top right, or go to DIY section. There's a plenty of information on how to repair the top locking cylinder. I don't think it will be a good idea to copy his material and distribute it for free. The guy did a good job and the price of his brochure is really fair. It's actually very cheap! In my opinion it's violation of copyright material.
Other members - what do you think?!

Here's a link to his ebay kit
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-SLK-230-320-Hydraulic-Cylinder-Repair-Kit-for-Hardtop-Convertible-R170-/280773278277

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes, I bought his kit and rebuilt two of my rams last Saturday. Marty did a good job with the instructions, although I had to repair my trunk lid actuators which wasn't really covered. Luckily his kit included the proper O-rings for that. But there's a surfeit of repair info on these forums.
And there's nothing like the satisfaction of doing a repair yourself!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sharkboard..Question1) so you said you repaired a R171 SLK using the R170 repair kit? I have to repair the one Cylinder in the front

Question2) With Marty's instructions did you have to drill a small hole to get the retaining ring out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.