Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all after my introduction this is my first post, so I do hope this is the correct place to post my request for help, so any and all help will be gratefully received.

I was changing the rear differential oil and getting ready to fit new rear discs (rotors) and shocks, so all nuts and bolts where getting an oil sock before work commences next weekend, when I noticed how bad the corrosion is on both rear under body reinforcing braces.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a supplier of these items, I actually would like to replace all four, two front and two rear, is there a complete kit available with all fittings?

I'm planning on keeping this car for 6 more years, so quality is order of the day. I'm sure every one knows what item I'm referring to but so there's no confusion I've included a couple of pictures.

I need an online supplier, hence a complete kit would be awesome, a UK supplier would be grate but of course happy to order from any good supplier. The amazing lady who cares for me, well she just shoves me under the raised car and then drags me out on the job being completed or more often than not several hits of caffeine via a cup of black gold.

On a final note; is there anything else I should be aware of doing this job? Or any DO'S and DONT'S…?

I will be asking later, is there such a thing as, “a complete rear suspension bushing kit?” for this SLK but one job at a time….That I think will be my next question.
As usual my thanks go out to all the dedicated owners who offer so much great advise, tips and stories, awesome!!

Yours

Huskymanuk

Attachments

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,718 Posts
You could post your vin and get your free datacard and we can also get you part numbers.
Try breaker yards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could post your vin and get your free datacard and we can also get you part numbers.
Try breaker yards.
Thank you so much, I'm just waiting on the cars paperwork from the DVLA (UK) then I can post the VIN Number, but I do thank you for your advice.

I really would like to fit new parts as the car is in good condition and would like to keep her as good as possible.
Kind regards
Huskymanuk

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,718 Posts
I'm in epc now looking for those parts but no luck with terms bracket, brace, etc

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've just replaced the front two on my car. Only available from the dealer but not too expensive at £21 each with a bit of discount. I replaced the bolts as well. You'll need a T50 torx bit to remove them. There's a thread on here somewhere that covers the job but it's as easy as it looks.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've just replaced the front two on my car. Only available from the dealer but not too expensive at £21 each with a bit of discount. I replaced the bolts as well. You'll need a T50 torx bit to remove them. There's a thread on here somewhere that covers the job but it's as easy as it looks.
Thank you for your post, I did think it was a dealer item but a nice surprise on the price, thank you.
Kind regards
Husky

1 - 11 of 11 Posts