Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H everyone, the rear drain holes on either side of my r170 slk are blocked, i can thread a wire down both sides for about 2.6" ( 75cm ), then they are blocked. I have tried air pressure to no avail, but what confuses me is where do they exit the car?
Some posts on here say to the front of the tyre, some say to the rear , some say at the side of the plastic rear bumper the fact is , i cannot see any exit points , except the drain holes for the boot sidewells , does anyone have a drawing or photo to help me out?, thanks, Brian.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,343 Posts
Moving your post to the r170 general discussion section
The DIY section is for already made diys only
Someone will respond if they can answer your questions

·
Registered
161 Posts
Try this link. There are pictures of someone pointing where they exit.

http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170-slk-class/1300402-rear-drain-problem.html

Took me forever to find them. I had to lay on the ground and reach up to get to them. Still did not help. Mine are blocked as well. After you find them and succeed in getting them unblocked please post how you did it. I am contemplating cutting a notch in the bottom of the hose to see if I can get it cleared. The issue is the hose runs up to the rear bumper cover at a 90 degree angle. So if larger junk and dirt gets in there, it cannot exit because it gets blocked by the bumper cover. May just end up having to remove the bumper cover if nothing else works. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.