1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ignition/Tumbler need a parts list

Hello everyone

let me start this first off with:

-If anyone has the urge to post "do a search" in a smart manner..just don't.

I ordered a new tumbler as my ignition would not turn even in the number 1 position. I saw lot's of DIY on how to remedy this, however they were like 4-6 hour processes and involved ordering quite a few pieces. I was able to remove it salvaging ALMOST everything. Of course I had to order a new tumbler. In the process of salvaging I did manage to break one piece. I believe the piece would be called a cam. However, if someone has a complete breakdown and parts list of the ignition system of an SLK 230 it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,613 Posts
well we are willing to check epc for you and see if they have those part numbers. please post your vin so we can be sure we are looking at your car.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well we are willing to check epc for you and see if they have those part numbers. please post your vin so we can be sure we are looking at your car.
That bag I posted that had my tumbler in it supposedly has the vin# on it or at least that's what it says haha

·
96,613 Posts
so tell me again because i am not too smart. you want the cam number at least?

·
96,613 Posts
i am using vin wdb (cannot see that part on bag) wk47f9xf090176 comes up as an invalid vin

can you confirm that vin on the bag as above or confirm with your car?

·
96,613 Posts
do you see the part you need info about?

Attachments

·
96,613 Posts
well they don't show what is 'inside' but part 10 is A2024600904

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hahaha I hate sounding so cheap I just don't want to order that whole part, because that is about $120...unless I find some ignition lock in a junk yard

·
96,613 Posts
here is steering parts list

Attachments

·
96,613 Posts
hahaha I hate sounding so cheap I just don't want to order that whole part, because that is about $120...unless I find some ignition lock in a junk yard
Sorry, that is the best that I can do. Let's see if anyone else has some input

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well thank you very much because no matter what you helped me with my issue. I suppose I shouldn't complain since Mercedes wanted $1,500.00 to do the job. I will see if anyone else has some insight on my issue.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi guys,

I have recently been getting help from JB (thanks btw :D). He supplied me with some schematics, however it wasn't quite what I was looking for. The only thing it seems I can do is buy a whole new ignition lock for my vehicle since my tumbler seized. Is there by chance that this ignition lock was used on any other Mercedes? Diff. year, model? I am also curious to know if they would use the same mechanism that I broke inside of my ignition lock (I will supply the picture). If so then I can just go to a dismantler and get one (hopefully for a fraction of the price). Thanks guys!

http://www.slkworld.com/slk-r170-general-discussion/90217-ignition-tumbler-need-parts-list.html

(my original post)

·
96,613 Posts
only thing we can do is look up other vins and see if the part number is the same. so get us other model vins (i assume you mean other than slks). maybe from the junk yard you frequent?

In other words, work backwards. find the part and get the vin of the vehicle. then we check and see if it is the same part number as your 230

·
96,613 Posts
what I meant was when you are looking at locks at junk yards and find some, get the vin off the vehicle and let us know and we will see if the part number is the same as yours for the lock

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
Hi guys,

.. .. .. The only thing it seems I can do is buy a whole new ignition lock for my vehicle since my tumbler seized. .. ..
Have you actually priced up a new one from an on-line parts dealer? Some MB parts are nowhere near as expensive as you might expect. Post up the VIN from YOUR car, and we can get a price for you.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.