Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone :)

My name is Raf, I'm new here in the forum.

I have a SLK 200 2005 here in Brazil with 19000 kms driven and about 2 months ago this 2 signs appeared on my dash.

SRS and Defective ESP -> drive to workshop.

I read some topics about it, but I didn't have a conclusion :confused:

As you see this car is "old" and have just 19000 kms driven. It stayed a long time without running and one day ran out of battery. When I changed the battery those lights came on.

Does somebody know anything about it?

Thanks,

Raf :tu:

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
98,217 Posts
Raf,

Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’. And it only takes about 30 seconds to do!

You might want to post an introduction in the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section, if you haven’t already.

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response and only once. Be patient and a knowledgeable member will address your question.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) - capable, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
Also vote or enter our Ride of the Month competition: http://www.slkworld.com/rotm-submissions-voting/

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member

·
Registered
246 Posts
Mine comes on with a low battery or after a jump start. It resets itself usually on the next key cycle after the battery is charged.

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,527 Posts
The SRS = Supplimental Restraint Systems
When you turn the ignition "on" all the vehicle management systems are checked out electronically........if the SRS indicator lamp is "off" after a few seconds the safety system is working OK, if the lamp stays "on" there is a malfunction with seatbelt tensioners or airbags. In this case you need to get the system checked in case your airbags trigger unexpectedly or maybe not at all in an accident.

ESP (electronic stabilty program) is part of the MB Stability Control System, it works together with the ABS and traction control system.

·
Premium Member 2001 SLK320 Wizard of ID
589 Posts
You can usually clear the ESP light by turning the front wheels lock to lock with the engine running.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can usually clear the ESP light by turning the front wheels lock to lock with the engine running.
Oh... really? I will try this... but why turning the front wheels would turn of the ESP light ? Wierd :confused:

Mercedes store charged me with 450 bucks to generate a budget, just to connect the computer and give me a diagnostic... they are crazy lol. :soap:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mine comes on with a low battery or after a jump start. It resets itself usually on the next key cycle after the battery is charged.
That's what I thought man, but it didn't.... :td:

The car is working normally I guess...

How can I test if the ESP is working normally? If I press the button on the panel, the yellow exclamation point appears in the dash, showing me that the ESP is OFF.

·
Registered
68 Posts
first thing is to go to a perts store and rea The codes. chances are it's a defective speed sensor on wheel spindle. to check the esp. drive down the highway and close your eyes and think of a destination and see it your slk gets you there. if it does, it's esp is good. kidding.

go down a empty highway with it off. rapidly , manically and continually (but not unsafely, lol) change lanes repeatedly. then try it the same with the esp on. the car should boat less, and feel more flat and stable. i realize this is an old thread, but sometimes people check the archives for an answer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.