Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all,
Just about to change brake pads on the above. I did take the old pads out just to check the right fitting before I ordered new ones they Are fine. I did put the old pads back in and had to push the piston back using just a bit of pressure and a screwdriver. My question is , when I do this should I be winding the piston back in. Also is it necessary to remove the caliper to change the pads it just a single pin holding them in
Thanks
Marauder

·
Registered 2009 SLK200
5,048 Posts
Hi to all,
Just about to change brake pads on the above. I did take the old pads out just to check the right fitting before I ordered new ones they Are fine. I did put the old pads back in and had to push the piston back using just a bit of pressure and a screwdriver. My question is , when I do this should I be winding the piston back in. Also is it necessary to remove the caliper to change the pads it just a single pin holding them in
Thanks
Marauder
Simple procedure to do no special tools req
And the piston just slowly pushes back
Just make sure inside is cleared of any debris and some copper grease is used on pads edges etc and pins .

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SLK 200 brakes

Hi
Thanks for replies , job done
Fairly straightforward. Just pushed the Pistons back slowly as there were no notches in the piston.
I take it the front is just as simple ?
Thanks again
Marauder

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.