Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have SLK 200 R170 (year 2000) And it came with 6.5" speakers in door and two tweeters:

I am pretty sure that my car came without rear speakers behind seats. I readed a lot all night on this forum and i found that there is a secret rear holes for speakers but my car came without speakers so only holes. I still didnt removed carpet to see that holes but i am 99% sure that there isn't there speakers.
Also i have cd player Alpine cda-9853 and when i turn volume above 60% i got a lot of distortion on any speakers that i tested even with this:

Probably because i don't have an Amplifier, right?

I want to feel some bass, right now i have don't even a bit bass.
I know wich speakers to replace for the door, that is not a problem. I don't know what is the best solution for rear speakers, i want to put there some subwoofers but i don't know how much inches i can is the factory size for rear speakers 4 or 6.5" ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I Installed New radio player Pioneer DEH-X6500DAB CD Tuner

And new front speakers in door:

And the sound is much much better. I have 2 more channels on radio so i will install rear speakers when i had time. I am thinking to try the orginal one from the door that i removed to put on the rear behind seats. Just i am not sure is it possible to just fit in the holes without much modification

·
Registered 2002 SLK320/2001 SLK320
66 Posts
Well that's one way to destroy the internals of your head unit...stick it on top of a giant magnet!

I have SLK 200 R170 (year 2000) And it came with 6.5" speakers in door and two tweeters:

I am pretty sure that my car came without rear speakers behind seats. I readed a lot all night on this forum and i found that there is a secret rear holes for speakers but my car came without speakers so only holes. I still didnt removed carpet to see that holes but i am 99% sure that there isn't there speakers.
Also i have cd player Alpine cda-9853 and when i turn volume above 60% i got a lot of distortion on any speakers that i tested even with this:

Probably because i don't have an Amplifier, right?

I want to feel some bass, right now i have don't even a bit bass.
I know wich speakers to replace for the door, that is not a problem. I don't know what is the best solution for rear speakers, i want to put there some subwoofers but i don't know how much inches i can is the factory size for rear speakers 4 or 6.5" ?

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
12,509 Posts
@muzTV You do know this thread is over 4 years old :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.