Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all. One very happy bunny for three reasons....

1) With the help of Tony, a fellow forumite, I am now the recipient of a repaired, and much improved, lower drivers seat heating element, using the carbon replacement heating elements that cost me just £19.99 from Ebay. :smile:

2) With the advice of Arjen, and the help of Tony (again) I was able to save myself a shed load of money, by checking the airscarf connection under the seat and finding it to have melted! Not just the car loom side, the other side too. All looked perfectly normal without taking the plug apart. Once apart, it was then easy to see that the thin plastic divider between each of the pins had 'fried' resulting in a short, hence lights coming on for 4 secs then going off. Oh, the luxury of that warm air on the back of my neck. :laugh:

3) After getting the dreaded rear seal leak, Tony advised me of the fix. Some rope passed through the seal to remake the contact and some black RTV sealant around the drain tubes and drain funnels. Leak banished!!:grin:

To say I'm chuffed is a massive understatement. Tony's help has been invaluable (well, I say help, but it was he that did ALL of the work) and his enthusiasm, knowledge and sheer tenacity has resulted in my enjoyment of my SLK being considerably enhanced. These 3 things are common problems, so to have them sorted is a fantastic feeling....

Ian

·
Registered
43 Posts
Great to hear! Always nice when you save some money and get to a solution faster.

Do you have any links to threads of parts that will help on point 1)? I have this dreaded issue on the driver's side seat base. Cheers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.