Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[SLK 200 98 R170] Lights Specs

Hey there!

I'm now trying to upgrade most of my car lights to LED since it's "better" in many ways and I've some doubts about the specifications/designation.

So, I'll try to explain them and hope yu guys can help since translation from PT to EN are quite sly, sometimes.

On the headlights, the cars have 3 driving lights:
- The lowest beams (only used when day is fading but is not necessary to use the low beam) -> <correct name please?>, <type of connection? (T10, H4, H1, H7?)>
- The low beam that we use at night -> low beam, H7 (correct name?)
- The highest/high beam (only used in very dark situations) -> high beam (correct name?), <(T10, H4, H1, H7?)>

Tail lights, they all look the same and only are different in color. How type of bulbs are they (BA15S)?

Thanks in advance and I hope to be in the right section!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
there are fog and my car has more 3 main lights: low, high beams and the lowest ones that are use only not that often, only when it's day and it is a bit dark so you turn them on only to be seen.

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
In the UK it's called the sidelight or parking light. The one you have highlighted in yellow is called the headlight, then these can either be main beam or dipped beam. No doubt, the 'merricuns will call them something totally different!!

·
Premium Member 1998 SLK230
3,514 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.