Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and Merry Christmas to all.
I decided to put paddles shift to a steering wheel that doesn't
have. Is it easy?? Does anybody made it ??
I found on our site only some posts that they made it on steering wheels with buttons. I bought AMG paddles shifters I found the changes that I have to made for the wires but nothing how to made it with dremel or something.
Thanks in advance.

·
*DAS/STAR Premium Member
2005 SLK55 AMG
4,037 Posts
Morning

To be honest, your probably better off buying a used wheel WITH buttons from Ebay and then using your own airbag and exchanging the buttons for the AMG paddles.

You may need a different clockspring as your current wheel hasn't alreadygot buttons too ... and maybe some coding to tell the car they are there too

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morning

To be honest, your probably better off buying a used wheel WITH buttons from Ebay and then using your own airbag and exchanging the buttons for the AMG paddles.

You may need a different clockspring as your current wheel hasn't alreadygot buttons too ... and maybe some coding to tell the car they are there too

This is the easy way Seanhump..
We need the challenge...!! ;-)
About the coding:
No coding to work something like plug and play. Like using your gear knob.
At cars with paddles there is a button C/S/M at the gear knob. You can make it M with coding 428 in the VeDOK database and now you have also the M option and you can see it in the small screen on your speedometer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the easy way Seanhump..
We need the challenge...!! ;-)
About the coding:
No coding to work something like plug and play. Like using your gear knob.
At cars with paddles there is a button C/S/M at the gear knob. You can make it M with coding 428 in the VeDOK database and now you have also the M option and you can see it in the small screen on your speedometer.
Done everything works perfect!!! I will upload pics very soon. :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Attachments

·
Registered 2005 SLK350-sold
997 Posts
Can this be done without adding the paddles? I would love a better manual mode of the shifter, something like how my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T was. And is there typically a charge for this, or can "anyone" with a Star system do it?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can this be done without adding the paddles? I would love a better manual mode of the shifter, something like how my 2006 Dodge Charger R/T was. And is there typically a charge for this, or can "anyone" with a Star system do it?

No you can't do it with Star system.
They didnt charge me for that and of course you can do it without paddles in automatic transmission gearbox

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.