Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have genuine SLK 171 Command Audio BE9001 that I don't need.
I decided to install after market unit instead.
It can be used to upgrade your MB OEM audio to include OEM Navigation and more.

The unit is for sale for $700 OBO. (my loss is your gain)

Model No: BE 9001 - A 171 820 62 89 001
Serial No: 61034792
Date of Manufacture 17/06
Manufacture by: Harman/Becker
Made in: Germany

Shipping same day from: Gilbert, AZ, USA

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks John. Have been driving the car for some time but has never study much. Read somewhere in the forum that there are aftermarket units which bundles most features at a fraction of the original unit price. Any recommendations?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
Hey Jim - I went with a NTG2.5 unit. I don't have a lot of experience with the aftermarket options, but if you take a look at Ghostdunks thread, you'll see the option he chose.

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
Hey Jim - I went with a NTG2.5 unit. I don't have a lot of experience with the aftermarket options, but if you take a look at Ghostdunks thread, you'll see the option he chose.
Did you do this to the 55? Aside from the NTG 2.5 head unit, all you need is the special wire harness to by pass the old AGW? i.e., NTG2.5 headunit--->special wire harness--->wire harness after the AGW?

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
It's a single harness Eddy that combine the speaker outputs from the AWG to the power for the head. I've actually removed it temporarily to try and get a HK amp working with it - the '55 was spec'd HK, so I lost the extra speakers with the upgrade, and I want them back!

Unfortunately the pin-out for the 2.0 HK AGW and the 2.5 HK amp are different so I'll have to fab a new cable - or convince Frank to build one for me! ;-)

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,400 Posts
It's a single harness Eddy that combine the speaker outputs from the AWG to the power for the head. I've actually removed it temporarily to try and get a HK amp working with it - the '55 was spec'd HK, so I lost the extra speakers with the upgrade, and I want them back!

Unfortunately the pin-out for the 2.0 HK AGW and the 2.5 HK amp are different so I'll have to fab a new cable - or convince Frank to build one for me! ;-)
I recall Jbanks stating that the HK sound system was down to 9 speakers (instead of 11) in the facelift R171. Thank you much for the info.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I recall Jbanks stating that the HK sound system was down to 9 speakers (instead of 11) in the facelift R171. Thank you much for the info.

Hmmm, I'll have to dig around a bit - I'd hate to think I'm wasting my time. I'm 99% sure the HK amp supported 11 speakers at the least.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking to purchase

I am looking to purchase a nav/audio system for my 2006 SLK. Would like integrated phone too and hoping for simple install with plug and play connections. Any ideas are welcome. Should I just purchase a command 171?
Thanks Joe [email protected]

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am looking to purchase a nav/audio system for my 2006 SLK. Would like integrated phone too and hoping for simple install with plug and play connections. Any ideas are welcome. Should I just purchase a command 171?
Thanks Joe [email protected]
The latest NTG 2.5 comand will give you full navigation, bluetooth phone, DVD movie playback etc. I would personally go for one of these over the earlier DVD based comand system.

I hope this helps,

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
What Alfie said - although what you have in there now can complicate the install - do you have a A20 head or a COMAND?

If you have an A20, it's pretty trivial to drop a 2.5 COMAND head in. Integration is top-notch as it's MB and spec'd to the car. Aftermarket can be plug and play as well, but tends to take a bit more effort.

·
Registered
3 Posts
looking to upgrade

I am totally new to this. I just purchased my SLK 280 2006. It seems to have the base model radio. No LCD and no hook up for telephone either. Not sure if that is an A20 or what an A20 is. It seems as I have read posts that this NAV 2.5 is the best way to go but it also seems many people have had issues getting it hooked up and working right. I don't really want to run into that kind of trouble. I am really hoping it will plug and play. Also does anyone know where the best place to purchase this unit is and what i can expect to pay? Thanks any info is appreciated. [email protected]
Joe

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am totally new to this. I just purchased my SLK 280 2006. It seems to have the base model radio. No LCD and no hook up for telephone either. Not sure if that is an A20 or what an A20 is. It seems as I have read posts that this NAV 2.5 is the best way to go but it also seems many people have had issues getting it hooked up and working right. I don't really want to run into that kind of trouble. I am really hoping it will plug and play. Also does anyone know where the best place to purchase this unit is and what i can expect to pay? Thanks any info is appreciated. [email protected]
Joe
Where are you based?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.