Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member 2008 SLK55 AMG "Mabel"
14,480 Posts
Hi Peter, welcome from Barrhead, Scotland. :smile:

One of our mods will be along shortly to officially welcome you, but in the mean time ....

Some tips to make your visit here more enjoyable:
If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top right of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
If you wish to become PM (Private Message) capable or to ‘edit’, you need 15 posts. To get those 15 posts quickly, just go to the ‘New members introduce yourself here’ section and welcome enough new members to obtain your needed posts to PM/edit. You can always pm a moderator.
Want to post a picture? Start a new thread or make a post, click ‘edit’, click on the ‘paper clip’ or ‘advanced’ and/or ‘manage attachments’ then ‘choose file’ then ‘upload’ and ‘submit’! If Iphone pics, you need to rename any additional pics as Iphone names its pics all the same, image.jpg.
Want to ‘like’ or thank’ someone’s comments? Use the ‘like’ button to the right or the ‘Thanks’ button, bottom right of any post you like. This saves you having to comment.
New members should be aware that the 'New Posts' link next to the 'Search' link top right of the info bar is a great way to see all of the posts you have missed since you were on the forum last. Remember to click 'mark forums read' under ‘quick links’ when you leave.
FREE!! Post your vin in the Vehicle Datacard Request section to get a free datacard (options on your car). You must update your profile with vehicle info and your location first.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,404 Posts
Hi Peter, and welcome to SLKWorld.com from the UK Midlands - Thanks for joining us! :)

I'm not sure what you mean by "plastic wings"... if someone else knows what you mean, perhaps they'll respond to help. Otherwise, can you explain with a little more detail (or perhaps a photo or link to an example of what you're referring to).

Davie's already covered the useful tips for using the forum, so no need for me to add them here too. :)

Thank you
Dave

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
95,092 Posts
Welcome to SLKWorld.com: The #1 Mercedes-Benz SLK Forum from Florida!

Thank you
Jeff
Moderator/Founding Member/Ride of the Month Coordinator

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
11,506 Posts
Welcome from the Sacramento Valley SLK Enthusiasts!

You won't need plastic wings when you put the pedal to the metal you'll start flying without those darn wings! LOL

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
26,220 Posts
Hi Peter,

Welcome from Wirral, England.
Best to do the location/vehicle update right off the bat.

You'll only keep getting reminded until you remember to do it.

Plastic wings?
Do you mean the little pieces that go on the outside of the back wheel arches?

Know as pigs ears on here.

Or do you mean the chrome look fins that go on the front wings?

Or, do you mean that someone is making plastic replacement wings for the front when they go bad?

If it's any of the above, all that matters is that you like them.
It's your car and you'll never get 40,000 plus members to agree outside of
The SLK makes you smile.
The SLK forum is a good place.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have no idea what you are referring to when you mention the plastic wings. Please elaborate.

Tim
Hi Tim,

They are the things that attached to the front sides of the car that fit over the wheels, he is asking if they are available in fibreglass, google needs a USA / English translation service.

Stuart

·
Registered
348 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have no idea what you are referring to when you mention the plastic wings. Please elaborate.

Tim
Hi Tim,

They are the things that attached to the front sides of the car that fit over the wheels, he is asking if they are available in fibreglass, google needs a USA / English translation service.

Stuart

·
Registered
348 Posts
hi im new to this forum just wanted to know your thoughts on plastic wings for early 170 slk
any help would be good cheers peter
They are available at about £180.00 on ebay, no idea how good they are , plenty of steel ones as well.

Regards Stuart.

·
Premium Member
746 Posts
Hi from Wellingborough, Northants UK. This is a great forum where all your questions will be answered - but you gotta make sure we understand exactly what you are asking. Having said that, the make/model/year of your car makes a lot of difference to the answers you may receive. be specific, and enjoy this forum. As my friend @Avel Du often says, your choice of car gives 'more smiles per gallon' than any other marque.

·
Premium Member
712 Posts
Hi Tim,

Stuart
Stuart,

Thanks for the explanation. In addition to the USA/English translation service, I think I need pictures too. >:D I'm not sure I still know what is being referred to.

Tim

1 - 15 of 15 Posts