Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Can anyone tell me the easiest way to remove the plastic side panels in the boot of my slk 170 320 so that i can get to the micro switches

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,620 Posts
Tonyd,

Welcome to the World’s Premier Mercedes-Benz SLK Community from Valrico, Florida!

Please update your location/vehicle (model and year) in your profile as it helps the members answer your questions which usually are based on that information.
‘Usercp’ at the top left of page, then ‘edit your details’ on the left side, ‘additional information’ near the bottom, edit your ‘location’ and ‘vehicle’.

If you haven’t, please use the 'search' feature at the top of the page for your questions as they have probably been asked before. Remember, ‘Search’ is your friend.
In addition, if you haven’t, please post your question in the appropriate discussion forum for a quicker response. Be patient and a knowledgeable member or guest will address your question.

Thank you,
Jeff
Founding Member/Sergeant-at-Arms/Moderator

·
Premium Member 2002 SLK230K
17,144 Posts
Welcome from New Hampshire. The fastener for the panels are two part's, Pull the inner plastic pin out then pull the outer pin out. Might require a small screwdriver to pry them out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
boot panels

Welcome from New Hampshire. The fastener for the panels are two part's, Pull the inner plastic pin out then pull the outer pin out. Might require a small screwdriver to pry them out.
Thanks have taken them all out,but have difficulty in sliding it over the hinges.
Trying to do it with out starting the roof operation.:mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks have taken them all out,but have difficulty in sliding it over the hinges.
Trying to do it with out starting the roof operation.:mad:
Hi Tonyd,
Did you succeed ti slid the panel over the hinges? I have the same problem, and I was told that open the trunk in the 1/2 reverse position would help.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts