Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing around 50 on a rainy night and spun out. I was almost facing sideways by the time I hit the wall on the passenger side of the front which spun me around and tapped the passenger side of the back of the car. The impact wasn't bad at all, didn't even deploy the airbag. It started right back up, and drove fine for the 30 miles home from the accident. I really loved my car, but insurance is not going to pay to fix it. The title shows clear still too, but I can't find inexpensive body parts, or even a reasonable kitcar to fix it back up with. I've tried surfing the web for one with a blown motor or a salvage yard with a donor car to use with no luck. Should I just throw it on Ebay? any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Sorry that happened to you bud, I've been through it too and in fact that's how I got to know the SLK. I'm with WoZ53, I would cut my losses and look for a replacement (a whole car). Actually, I'd probably keep it for parts but that's a slippery slope-I've got seven project/parts VWs....UHG!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does anyone have any suggestions for a website I should sell the car on or site I can find body parts or a donor car for a good price?
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
14,813 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,813 Posts
some more:wink: Hope that will help. Also let me get in touch with my MB Guru (he works for the MB Classic Center in Cali)let me see what he will come up with. I will give him a ring over the weekend.:smile:

https://www.yelp.com/biz/a-german-auto-wrecking-san-jose

A-German Auto Parts

Universal German Auto Parts Inc  
5 Google reviews
Auto Parts Store · Sun Valley
Address: 11066 Tuxford St, Sun Valley, CA 91352
Phone:(818) 767-6455

Harouts BMW and MBZ Used Auto Parts  
7 Google reviews
Used Auto Parts Store · Sun Valley
Address: 12301 Branford St, Sun Valley, CA 91352
Phone:(818) 896-2622

Mercedes Original Parts, LLC  
7 Google reviews
Auto Parts Store
Address: 3781 Recycle Rd, Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Phone:(916) 463-0111

Stockton Auto Dismantlers  
5 Google reviews
Auto Parts Store
Address: 3239 El Dorado St, Stockton, CA 95206
Phone:(209) 929-3900

Silver Star Motors & Silver Star Dismantlers  
Auto Parts Store
Address: 1727 17th St, Oakland, CA 94607
Phone:(510) 834-1090

·
Registered
336 Posts
I am so sorry this happened to you. I don't have collision insurance on mine knowing the insurance company wouldn't give me much if you factor in the decuctible. A crash like that would definately put me out looking for a new car.

The ealry R170's sell for affordable prices. Look around and see if you can find a good one. You may have to travel to pick one up in another city or state. Don't bother fixing it at this stage.

Your car to a wrecker would get you very little. Parting it out would fetch you more money but that takes time and storage space. Knowing that fact allows the wrecking/salvage yards to just pay tokens for the cars taking it off peoples hands.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Duke,

What did you end up doing with your wrecked SLK?

I have the exact same one: Black 2001 SLK320.

Are you parting it out? I am looking for a few parts:
- review mirror
- antenna
- floor matts (driver side)
- passenger speaker cover
- passenger net by the floor board with screw hooks

Let me know if you parting it out.

Sorry to hear about your wreck.

ciao,
alec

·
Administrator - Founding Member since 2006
93,650 Posts
Duke,

What did you end up doing with your wrecked SLK?

I have the exact same one: Black 2001 SLK320.

Are you parting it out? I am looking for a few parts:
- review mirror
- antenna
- floor matts (driver side)
- passenger speaker cover
- passenger net by the floor board with screw hooks

Let me know if you parting it out.

Sorry to hear about your wreck.

ciao,
alec
Alec,

duke has not been back since Last Activity: 08-22-2016
just an fyi, use the @ symbol with their user name to notify them if they have notifications set up

like this @dukeoffl

1 - 10 of 10 Posts