Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When the car is in "D" or 1st gear, I started to feel a little vibration from bottom of my seat. Has anyone experienced this before? I know this could be a common symptom for engine mounts and/or tranny mounts going south.

Has anyone replaced them before? If so, how much did stealership charged you for parts / labor?

Thanks in adv

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts
Where you been? Haven't heard from you in a while!

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,450 Posts
Fantastic I think!

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
When the car is in "D" or 1st gear, I started to feel a little vibration from bottom of my seat. Has anyone experienced this before? I know this could be a common symptom for engine mounts and/or tranny mounts going south.

Has anyone replaced them before? If so, how much did stealership charged you for parts / labor?

Thanks in adv
Have you done the tranny service yet?

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
No such experience. I had technician check the transmission mount while he was doing the transmission service about 10K miles ago (currently I have 48+K miles).

He wrote something like the following: customer states (although I didn't) car "collapses" on transmission shift, could not duplicate, transmission mounts OK.

It does sound like transmission mount or motor mount. Let us know when this is resolved/remedied.

·
Premium Member
2,454 Posts
No. Currently the car has 27000 miles.. I had this issues in my other car (c55) and usually its because of mounts (either tranny or engine)
Perhaps you could have someone check to see if there are any codes stored in the TCU and if a software update is required.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.