Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, a quick question for you, I have a lcd top and bottom display on the AMG, the top display, ie compass, audio info etc has an electronic marking on it as if its crystalised under the glass? It doesn't stop you from being able to read the info but it's annoying. I have the opportunity of the dealer putting it right but they have said they can't guarantee that it will be squeak or rattle free when done. Has anyone else had this happen? Or know what it is?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,459 Posts
there was a thread on missing pixels. are pixels missing or something else. I have not had any issues with mine

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's more a case of extra crystals that are permanent on the panel and cover over some of the display I will try and post a pic from my phone

·
97,459 Posts
that is what was reported exactly. try a search, top right. i will see if i can find it also

·
97,459 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much again kind sir!

My display seems to have got a little worse over the Christmas period which is exactly as is stated on the thread, we had -4/6 over here so makes sense. I have taken 2 pics of the screen the one I posted was taken a few days ago and the other 2 weeks ago approx and by comparision the last one is bigger. The dealer has said to leave it a few weeks and see what happens but I think i will have it replaced either way because the car is faultless everywhere else and this kind of lets it down:(
Can I just say that this is one of the best car forums I have been on ( I am a member of around a dozen at present) and a big thank you once again Mr Banks:tu:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just a quick update on this problem, spoke to the dealer when I posted up on here, after a few weeks of phone calls they have collected the car, repaired the console and delivered it back under warranty.
Thanks to all that took the time to reply to my post and for the sound advice:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry my fault, I believe they said replaced with a new unit that has been re-programmed to the car, but it was only dropped off today and i'm waiting to get home to see what they have done

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
I"m curious as well - I hoping you ended up with a new, facelifted cluster - scroll through the menus, you should have a couple more! :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping for to, but i'm not counting on it.
I will post up on here later what has been done, but i suppose either way if it's free I shouldn't be dissapointed:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I couldn't ask for better service from day one. The car was hand delivered covering over 40 miles to my work and this recent problem had the actual sales guy travel out to me, leaving a "61" plate SLK 250 while he drove mine back, fixed it overnight and hand delivered it back the next day with a full tank of petrol and gleaming!!

·
Sadly Woolly has passed away
17,375 Posts
I couldn't ask for better service from day one. The car was hand delivered covering over 40 miles to my work and this recent problem had the actual sales guy travel out to me, leaving a "61" plate SLK 250 while he drove mine back, fixed it overnight and hand delivered it back the next day with a full tank of petrol and gleaming!!
To be fair, they were probably fighting over who would take it out to you - stuck in a garage all day, or a nice 80 mile drive in an SLK - I wonder which they would rather do :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lol he did comment on the new exhaust note, in his words it now sounded f#%kin awesome :biglaugh:

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,407 Posts
Lol he did comment on the new exhaust note, in his words it now sounded f#%kin awesome :biglaugh:
Check the mpg. It probably sent down to 8 mpg :)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ha ha yeah your probably right there. One big issue for me was that I couldn't get the digital read out on speed to change from km/h. I even went to the dealer to ask if it was something I was doing wrong on the settings, but the early clocks i was told are fixed on km/h as the dials don't have it around the inner edge. Well guess what, the new ones do and I now have a menu setting that changes from km/h to mph, I couldn't be happier. It's sometimes the littlest things that make me happy LOL:tu:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.