Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had this car a week and would very much like the build spec data on it.

Thanks

VIN WDD1724342F137466 - for some reason the dealer insists on adding an extra digit "8" to the end of it?

·
Administrator - Founding Member
92,881 Posts
Standby...

·
92,881 Posts
Here ya go!!

Attachments

·
92,881 Posts
carplay comand manual page 118

·
Registered
150 Posts
CarPlay

I checked my data card, with the Audio 20 (not COMAND) head unit codes 16U and 14U cover Smartphone Integration and CarPlay, which don't seem to appear on your data card. (You can find my data card request on this site if you want to compare)

So your dealer would appear to have a question they need to answer.....

Welcome by the way and do enjoy the car, whatever is fitted to it. Some warm weather is forecast in the UK for the next few days to go out and play!

M

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK thanks for that.

Actually I am not to bothered about the car play/android auto thing because I actually think the Map Pilot included is actually quite good! Never thought I would say that about an OEM built in Nav !

It is MUCH nicer and simpler to use than than the COMAND system I had in my 2017 C class and the map looks more like a map than the dull MB grey version. The voice control has even worked 100% on the six or so tests I have tried so far.

The only downside is it does not play nicely with my own old TT POI files which I have tried to add (suitably converted to Garmin language) - it does display them on the map but it seems there is no way to select them from POI in the menu. I understand this is a limitation MB have required on the Garmin system?

When I took delivery of the car the Live Traffic subscription was still valid until May 2020 but I only had V8 - 2017 maps and after a failed attempt to upgrade to V13 using the MB DLM I bought a "3rd party" SD card with V12 maps which successfully updated to V13 BUT had no Live Traffic enabled, Oh well.

On a whim I tried updating the original card again and this time it succeeded. When I tried it in the car I not only had V13 2019-2020 maps but also a valid Live Traffic subscription for the next 3 years up to July 2022! Perhaps I confused the system by locking 2 different cards to the same vehicle? Still quite pleased with the result even if it did cost me £23 for the new card, I got a 3 year subscription.

I was going to have a go at the sales person but to be honest we were looking at several vehicles and I can't be 100% sure it was mine that was stated as having the Car Play.

I am enjoying the car in fact today is the only day since we bought it last week that we have driven with the top ON - annoyingly it has been raining!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts