Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this on Auto Trader. Just the shape of this car is gorgeous. Notice the air vents...seem familiar? Not sure how much it would take to restore to its former glory. Most of the work is cosmetic :surprise: seems like the mice have had a good time...but seriously for under $5,000 CDN....surely worth a punt?

1973 Mercedes-Benz 450 Series for $4,999 in POINTE AUX ROCHES | autoTRADER.ca

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
The classic squared off front grille recently readopted everyone will notice. Indeed check out the shape of the upper dashboard and particularly the air vents, I never realised the R172 had interior design cues from cars of this vintage! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The classic squared off front grille recently readopted everyone will notice. Indeed check out the shape of the upper dashboard and particularly the air vents, I never realised the R172 had interior design cues from cars of this vintage! Thanks for sharing.
Just throw the clock up on the dash and you have more or less the same dash lay out....just wish I had the room to stick it in the garage and work on it for a couple of years as a hobby even though I know very little mechanics but certainly could have a go at the interior and some other bits...I only have a single car garage and two cars and the little beast just about fits in as it is:frown:

·
Premium Member
2,396 Posts
Just throw the clock up on the dash and you have more or less the same dash lay out....just wish I had the room to stick it in the garage and work on it for a couple of years as a hobby even though I know very little mechanics but certainly could have a go at the interior and some other bits...I only have a single car garage and two cars and the little beast just about fits in as it is:frown:
It will be a labour of love for someone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts