Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a guesstimate on how long it takes from order to delivery for an SLC300? Thanks in advance and I know there are lots of variables, just looking for a rough idea.

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,300 Posts
so you have a 2016 now and going for a 2020?

plus it takes time on the boat coming over :D

it will get here when it gets here :D

·
Registered 2017 AMG SLC 43
18 Posts
The biggest variable is if your dealer has SLC build slots available to them. I ordered my SLC in Early June of 2016 just after US pricing was announced. The dealer had 2 slots available in the next few months, of which only one would allow me to customize the order the way I wanted. Manufacturing was completed in early August and I took delivery at the end of August - about 2.5 months total. I was also fortunate that the car was only at the port in Baltimore for several days and my dealership is only 2 hours away.

My SLC was the first one to ever be received by this dealership and it drew a lot of interest as it was being prepped!

Good luck on your order!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dealer didn't have any SLC slots open but was able to pick one up that was configureable from another dealership. The order was placed mid December.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Note from MB Salesman. There’s a possibility we see this vehicle as soon as next month (later part of the month of course). I will let you know when it is on the water. Thanks Jim!

My SLC300 is finishing production and will be heading to the ship for transport. Perfect timing as my current SLK300 lease ends on April 1st.

·
Registered 2016 SLC200
30 Posts
My dealer didn't have any SLC slots open but was able to pick one up that was configureable from another dealership. The order was placed mid December.
Check it carefully when it arrives! My SLC200 Sport 9-speed automatic was ordered in June 2016 and delivered about 10 weeks later... My wife sat in it whist I completed paperwork, then came into the showroom to ask why it had 3 pedals !!! Cue a very white and shaken salesman. Although it had all my extras it was the wrong gearbox, and they had to make a replacement car (another 8 weeks).

It seems that my dealer picked up a configurable one (shown as automatic) and added my extras - but this configurable one had already been reconfigured by another dealer who then cancelled; the other dealer had changed it to a 6-speed manual and the Mercedes system failed to reset it in some part of their factory system when that order was cancelled, although all the paperwork came through as 'automatic'.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts