Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I remove battery from my 2017 SLC, the shape of the aperture make a direct lift impossible, so does this mean tilting the battery as it is lifted out and if so is there any issue regarding leakage etc. My car is RHD so battery compartment is on right side when looking into engine bay. I believe the battery is an AGM which I think is a gel battery.

thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Forgot to update my profile, old SLK gone new SLC arrived last year, so far happy bunny except my neighbours gardener where car is garaged turned off my smart battery charger sometime around Xmas and now battery completely dead, down to less than 3 volts (my fault for not checking car sooner I guess). However now need to get battery out and try to recover using the methods shown for AGM gel battery recovery, but could not see how to remove battery .

So thanks Col for confirming its a tilt and out, but wanted to know if there were any other precautions to take before tilting, so now off to the garage and extract the battery. Will keep posted to show progress and if successful in recovering the battery, a new one looks to be around the £190 mark so will have a go at saving first.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts