Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had an opportunity to look at the MBUSA site this morning and I see that the SLC is FINALLY listed - so it looks like the SLK plate is officially retired. For grins and giggles I thought I'd go ahead and see about building/pricing the AMG model, so I hit the 'AMG' tab which did indeed take me to the AMG website. After navigating to 'Vehicles > Convertibles & Roadsters', I see that the only one listed is the AMG S63 Cabriolet - there is no AMG SLC listed on the AMG site (at least not that I could find). I guess the website is a work in progress? Or will the AMG not be offered in the US - hmmmmm....? I also noticed that they still include a section on the 'One Man, One Engine' concept - I wonder if the two are related since the SLC engine won't meet that criteria? I then went back to the regular USA site and saw that the only SLC model offered is the SLC 300 (the 2.0L engine) - no others listed at all. I decided to try to 'build' one of these to a 'semi-comparable' AMG spec (without the engine, of course). The base price was $47,950 but after I added in all the standard AMG options (based on what was offered on my car) that were available, it came out priced at just over $65 K - that's almost an additional $18 K for the many options/packages that I had to select. Looks like MB is starting to adopt the Porsche business model. That compares against $75 K for my fairly well equipped 2013 AMG - no P30, Magic Sky, Carbon fiber.

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,264 Posts

·
Room 4 2
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This has already been discussed in another thread, here:
http://www.slkworld.com/slc-general-discussion/341025-amg-slc-43-a-2.html#post2895298

So, the SLC43 AMG will be (is) available in the North American market! :tu:

I guess the web-site needs a little time to catch-up... ;)
OOPS - Jeff just informed me of the 'new' section - looks like it's been here a while and I've just missed it. As I said to Jeff, I chalk it up to an 'age' thing.... my wife can definitely attest to that. Thanks for setting me straight guys. :wink:

·
Premium Member 2005 SLK55 AMG
11,264 Posts
OOPS - Jeff just informed me of the 'new' section - looks like it's been here a while and I've just missed it. As I said to Jeff, I chalk it up to an 'age' thing.... my wife can definitely attest to that. Thanks for setting me straight guys. :wink:
No problem, we're always glad to help! :tu:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts