Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered 2017 SLC43
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wanted to jack the car up and to my surprise no jack in the kit

Because it has a TIREFIT kit - no jack , really :surprise:

Is it okay to use a trolley jack on the jacking points, or do I need a special adaptor (if that is the correct word) to fit into the jacking point

Nothing in the manual about this

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,600 Posts
If you have AMG bodykit (as the 43 does) it may be worth considering the low profile trolley jacks. If you catch the sideskirts they can fracture whilst being jacked.
The FaceLift R172 AMG's no long have fancy AMG side skirts :frown:

So wanted to jack the car up and to my surprise no jack in the kit
Because it has a TIREFIT kit - no jack , really :surprise:
Correct - Removing the run-flat spare wheel saves 25kg for when the cars are being tested for it's mpg....!!
Plus the minor detail of what to do with the punctured full size wheel:

Is it okay to use a trolley jack on the jacking points, or do I need a special adaptor (if that is the correct word) to fit into the jacking point
For our Euro Road Trip I purchased a used MB car jack off FleeBay - £30 delivered :tu:

...and a puncture repair kit to get Me off a mountain in an emergency:

But for home DIY - Like cleaning the wheels off the car or putting a bit of copper slip between the Alloy wheel and hub, so You can get the wheel off in the future.... @Avel Du is correct & I use a Halfords low profile jack, and the wheel wrench is from Wilko's

...with a MB Jacking Pad that is again available on Fleebay & other Internet sites: (~£7/each)

("Plan B" if no low profile jack is available is to drive one's SLK/SLC onto a plank of wood/paving slab, to allow a regular jack to be used..!! But still need the MB Jacking Pad)
Either way, make sure You chock the wheels with a few bricks...!!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts