Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium member 2018 SLC43
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$75,941 Dallas style. That's pretty much everything, only way to go. I don't really need the AMG handling pkg but I can't take it with me. Might as well go out with a bang. Need to look closer at paint and interior choices but that won't change the price much.

This would make the world's best 2012 SLK 350 available. Not trading it in, they ROB you.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,364 Posts
For one equipped a little better than my 2012 SLK 350 it comes to $66,855. That's just $1,800 more than what my car listed for when new five years ago! :smile: And that's with a more powerful engine and more safety features.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Thank you thank you thank you, gonna build mine now. Ya I'll be selling mine outright unless I get another good trade deal like I got from Mercedes of Huntsville. These guys are the only Mercedes dealer I know that will give you what your vehicle is worth, we got $3000 over blue book on our trade with $900 discount on vehicle price as well (traded 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited for 2016 GLC 300). I made sure that their kind offer was not voided by other mark up tactics like back end financing. They were more than fair, even delivered vehicle and picked up our trade here on the Gulf Coast for no additional charge as they worked it conveniently. They can do this because they sell a lot of vehicles and made Dealer Rater Dealer of the Year two years in a row 2014-2015. Not all dealerships are the same. There are dealerships and there are stealerships like Mercedes of Mobile. We went their first and if we did deal with them for exact same vehicle they would have gotten us for an additional $5000 (big difference) Frankly it was beyond insulting how they tried to get over on us and it actually reflects on the place of business because they dont' do near as much sales.

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These guys are the only Mercedes dealer I know that will give you what your vehicle is worth, we got $3000 over blue book on our trade with $900 discount on vehicle price as well (traded 2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited for 2016 GLC 300).
If they give me what I paid for it, I might take that and save the hassle. Thataway, you pay a little less in state sales tax, but eh. Jalopnik had an article on the pros and cons of trade-ins this year. There were a few arguments like that for trading in. I suspect mine will sell fast - it was only on the lot one day when I bought it after a lot of shopping.

Going to pick up some parts this week, I'll see what they say. No deal without driving first, may not be enough to be worth trading, except for an irrational case of the wants. :)

·
Registered
866 Posts
If they give me what I paid for it, I might take that and save the hassle. Thataway, you pay a little less in state sales tax, but eh. Jalopnik had an article on the pros and cons of trade-ins this year. There were a few arguments like that for trading in. I suspect mine will sell fast - it was only on the lot one day when I bought it after a lot of shopping.

Going to pick up some parts this week, I'll see what they say. No deal without driving first, may not be enough to be worth trading, except for an irrational case of the wants. :)
You will definitely save a LOT on state tax for sure because they can't charge tax on the trade value, so a big factor to weigh in on IF they offer you fair trade. Its going to be a niche car for a while so I doubt their will be any to spare right off. I don't even see a dealer with one in stock anywhere, all special order for 8 week to 3 month delivery. I'ma hold out till the market is stocked a lil, might even wait for Joe Blow money bags to take that ream job from Mercedes and get me a bigger discount. I DO NOT like fooling with dealers. If you know where and how to look, used is the wisest thing to do. Thats what I did with my 350, old guy bought it, put 3300 miles on it, sat in his garage mostly for the 4 years b4 I bought it at half the original price. It was in better condition than the so called certified pre-owned ones I drove at local Mercedes dealers. Just took a lil patience and I actually had more fun buying used.

·
Registered
866 Posts
$75,941 Dallas style. That's pretty much everything, only way to go. I don't really need the AMG handling pkg but I can't take it with me. Might as well go out with a bang. Need to look closer at paint and interior choices but that won't change the price much.

This would make the world's best 2012 SLK 350 available. Not trading it in, they ROB you.
$65,240 Bama style. Nicely equipped stock P1 package, Selenium Grey, Bengal Red-Black Nappa, Pano-roof, opted out for extra $5-7k for all the bells and whistles that would just get in my way and fail to operate in short while. I mean command don't understand half the time, I always check my blind spots, I prefer to parallel park myself, and I don't need computer to brake for me:wink:

·
Banned
433 Posts
I'll be waiting until the Facelift SLC AMG offers a twin turbo V8 ... right now that car is far slower and less attractive than what I have.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I'll be waiting until the Facelift SLC AMG offers a twin turbo V8 ... right now that car is far slower and less attractive than what I have.
The next SLC is to be released in the 2020 model year. So it's 3 years off. Details about it are decidedly sketchy. It may not even have a folding hardtop. As for more powerful engines, all the indications are that the AMG SLC43S will be a 435PS remap of the current 365PS 3.0V6 which in itself is nearly as fast as the old outgoing 421PS SLK55.

I'm not sure why you think the SLC43 is far slower than the R171 SLK55 in your profile, but I would imagine there's not a lot in it really. I've driven the 43 engine in the SLC and GLC and my wife and I have a 55 and a CDi250 and the SLC ISN'T noticeably slower in a straight line than the 55 and it's massively better in the handling stakes. In the US, where most roads are arrow straight, that may not make difference, but in the UK, where even the motorways have sharp bends, it's a joy!

And isn't the twin-turbo V8 too wide for the SLC engine bay?

·
Registered
905 Posts
And isn't the twin-turbo V8 too wide for the SLC engine bay?

Oh hell, just make the body wider and lower, gotta be able to fit that thumping V8 in there somehow>:D Although it does make you wonder that if Alfa Romeo can get 503hp from a 2.9 V6 twin turbo in the Giulia MB engine designers must have been asleep if they could only get 362hp from the 3.0 V6 TT engine going into the 43SLC:surprise:

As for the roof, rumours were that MB were going 'soft top' with the SL and SLC in 2020....I guess we will have to wait and see on that one.

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Went to the stealership today to pick up some replacement parts that had fallen off. Man said he expects an SLC 43 demo in 6 weeks, maybe 4. Not bad! His people will call my people. Orders taken in August. Had all the info in the computer but no brochures and such until August, likely. That's all I was able to find out.

He thought selling my lo-miles 2012 would be best for me as he says he only pays 10% of what it's worth. About half serious.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Went to the stealership today to pick up some replacement parts that had fallen off. Man said he expects an SLC 43 demo in 6 weeks, maybe 4. Not bad! His people will call my people. Orders taken in August. Had all the info in the computer but no brochures and such until August, likely. That's all I was able to find out.

He thought selling my lo-miles 2012 would be best for me as he says he only pays 10% of what it's worth. About half serious.
You sure he wasn't 100% serious?:grin:

·
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
You sure he wasn't 100% serious?:grin:
Dunno, but surprised he was that honest. Didn't even argue the point, agreed with my assessment. Of course he knew the sales tax thing but a rough calculation showed it not to matter that much. In general didn't seem very interested in the car. Not sure if I mentioned it but this was the same place I bought it. Hard to poo-poo a car you sold. One problem is he can look up what I paid for it. Something south of that would be his starting point. It's a better car now as it now has the missing floor mat hold downs I picked up. :)

His eyebrows went way up when I told him it had 18,000 miles. I've only put 3,000 on it.

Good guy, one of my good friends has known him for prolly 15 years. Now I just have to not wet myself when I drive it. You can't let on how much you want it or they raise the price.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts