Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DAS/STAR Registered Owner
4,015 Posts
Had it gone wrong, all that would've been needed was a jet wash on the tarmac...

Must've had the limiter removed from the SL...

Crikey!!

Cheers
Sean

·
Premium Member
2,117 Posts
not smart...agree w/ Sean-all that would have been left would have been some grease spots...and could have taken others w/ them...save it for the track....

·
Premium Member
3,506 Posts

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
I'm torn. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy watching the video for the pure spectacle of it, but it's beyond reckless to endanger other road users to that degree. There is simply no way to predict what other road users will be doing fast enough to respond at those speeds.

Even if someone checks their mirrors before manoeuvring, or does a side glance on entry, they may well not see/notice just how insanely fast the car and bike would be upon them. It's not like the autobahn where drivers at least expect to be dealing with vehicles running at vmax.

This video could so easily have gone the other way and ended up showing the last few moments of someone's life.

·
Registered
5,134 Posts
Even on the autobahn where people may be expecting faster traffic, 300 km/h (well 299) is still very fast, with a big differential to pretty much everything else on the road. There are not many cars that can do 300+ km/h (187 mph).

That sort of speed with other, much slower vehicles on the road is pretty hairy to say the least. 260 km/h is the fastest I've ever been and that was on an empty autobahn, and to be honest I didn't want to go any faster..

BTW, it looks like the Yamaha was limited to 299...

·
Registered
350 Posts
speed

if you look at the rev counter it goes up and down at near red line but speed stays same. i guess speedo is limited to 299 and bike did more, just didn't show.
:flag:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts