Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Florida Plate, I think Military One: UN8NZ Silver, SL63 with what looks like an "AMG Black" body kit on it.

Half a car length in front of me, we changed to open left lane, I was in second, heard you hit it, planted it, and heard your roar all the way through my third and fourth gears and you only clawed a one car length distance (to one and a half car lengths ahead.) I know you were on it, that thing was loud! Sounded great!

Bet you were suprised to see me failing to drop back, in fact initially gaining on you! I was ready on the trigger waiting to hear your exhaust. When your Lion roared and had to shift it's gears, my quiet Cheetah was already leaping and gaining ground.

Gave you another chance when I went right and you went left and the road was open. You didn't take it because 1. You were worried it was going to start raining, 2. You're braking the car in and did not want to risk a bad break in or 3. Not wanting to.

I know you would have won (except in rain, you would have struggled to keep traction where I could upshift early to minimize torque. I'm sure those steemrollers you have for tires are not good for hydroplaining.) However, it was fun hearing that exhaust and showing you just how scrappy a little SLK350 is with a prepared driver and a manual.

·
Premium Member
3,048 Posts
Florida Plate, I think Military One: UN8NZ Silver, SL63 with what looks like an "AMG Black" body kit on it.

Half a car length in front of me, we changed to open left lane, I was in second, heard you hit it, planted it, and heard your roar all the way through my third and fourth gears and you only clawed a one car length distance (to one and a half car lengths ahead.) I know you were on it, that thing was loud! Sounded great!

Bet you were suprised to see me failing to drop back, in fact initially gaining on you! I was ready on the trigger waiting to hear your exhaust. When your Lion roared and had to shift it's gears, my quiet Cheetah was already leaping and gaining ground.

Gave you another chance when I went right and you went left and the road was open. You didn't take it because 1. You were worried it was going to start raining, 2. You're braking the car in and did not want to risk a bad break in or 3. Not wanting to.

I know you would have won (except in rain, you would have struggled to keep traction where I could upshift early to minimize torque. I'm sure those steemrollers you have for tires are not good for hydroplaining.) However, it was fun hearing that exhaust and showing you just how scrappy a little SLK350 is with a prepared driver and a manual.
It was probably a rebadged SL 550.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I loosed my 55 on a dual carriageway and when I next looked at the end of it I could hardly see the 350 that was trying to keep up and right on my tail a 1/4 earlier but I guess he was either 1/ saving fuel 2/ not playing 3/ Had no talent 4/ Had a 7g tranny.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was probably a rebadged SL 550.
If it was, it was certainly not one with a stock exhaust, that exhaust was LOUD!

Also, I forgot to mention, earlier a guy in a new Jaguar XF on the tollway was behind me driving a bit eratic. I anticipated him and when I saw him dodge left, went from 6th to 4th and nailed it, reeled him back in and put a car length on him. The V8 in it sounded nice, although it was not nearly as loud as the SL was. I was on bad behaviour that day!

Being prepared is everything.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts