Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this outside a Barnes & Noble bookstore a few days ago. It had AMG rims but the rest looked like normal SL. Sorry for the bad angle but a straight on shot gave only glare. Also saw a ML 430 Amg but no pics. All I could see was an AMG lisence plate frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, I have a 2006 SLK350 which is stock standard.

I can not see the problem with putting AMG wheels on the car if you like the rims. As long as there is no AMG sign saying its and AMG car it should be OK.

i think people start to get paranoid about all this!!!

But other than that love my car as well as wifes 2007 B200 Turbo

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Hi, I have a 2006 SLK350 which is stock standard.

I can not see the problem with putting AMG wheels on the car if you like the rims. As long as there is no AMG sign saying its and AMG car it should be OK.

i think people start to get paranoid about all this!!!

But other than that love my car as well as wifes 2007 B200 Turbo
No one really cares what wheels you put on your car, it's the up badging people get annoyed about. I've seen a lot of SLK55 030 pkg wheels on SLK350's and everyone likes them. I have the AMG pkg on my 350 and it has AMG on every wheel. It's just wrong the put an AMG badge on a non-AMG car.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have no problem with AMG rims. This car had the ///AMG badge on the rear. It's just hard to see because of my crappy picture.:)

D

·
0 Posts
I've got no problem with the AMG wheels either, if somebody likes they style they fit them.

If MB made the same style wheels but without the AMG badge I'm sure the exact same people would still buy them.

My own personal views on the AMG badge are that if you have the AMG sport bodykit fitted, not the 55 kit in the case of the 171 but the kit offered for the other models like Ynot has fitted to his car then so long as you leave the model designation badge on the car you can add the AMG since your saying something thats true i.e. I have an SLK350 with the AMG kit fitted.

What pisses me off is people fitting 32/55/63/65 bodykits to non AMG's regardless of the badge or people who upbadge from say a 280 to a 55, if they put on an AMG badge it makes it even worse but in my mind just changing the model designation is enough to make you look stupid.

Same with people like in this pic putting an AMG badge onto a non AMG without any AMG bodywork, i can't stand it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts