Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been driving by this car at a shop which I believe is in Duncan, SC. I want to say it's been sitting there about two weeks. The strange thing is, it hasn't moved and its sitting right in front of one of the garage doors. Parking in front of a door is a cardinal sin at most repair shops, as they need access to and fro. If they can't fix it, seems like they would move it out of the way......

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,272 Posts
you pop a card in the door jamb?

·
97,272 Posts

·
97,272 Posts
Shoot! you've been all over this forum, how'd you miss that? :D

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My eyes aren't what they used to be and I can only squint so much in one day. I will see about getting some cards. Thanks again Mod-Master Jeff!

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It's been at least six weeks and this car is STILL sitting in the same spot. If they start leaning stuff up against it then I will be convinced that's what it's for.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK so after WEEKS of driving by seeing the little silver SLK sitting outside, I finally saw it inside. I stopped and met the owner of the shop. He seemed more interested in bragging about his money tgen anything else. He went on and on about his hummer, the six door Ford Escape he is having customized, etc. I was kept trying to steer the conversation back to the SLK but it was difficult. Turns out they are fixing it to sell. It's a 170 don't know what year, with about 160k under its belt. The owner said it was apparently a repo. He found a small wired tracking device which he said some sellers attach to cars, in the interest of tracking it, should that become necessary if they had to repossess it. He showed me the device, which resembled a large USB drive with wires hanging out of it. I'd never heard of such a thing.
Despite the strong odor of dog inside the car, it was decent. I will be keeping an eye on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.