Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all; I just purchased a 2008 SLK55 AMG and am having a problem with my sirrius radio. I am not getting all my sirrius stations. If I press scan the stations increase or decrease (based on the direction i go). However, after a while the number sill stop and wont move any further. If i key the number in the station will start playing. Why can i not scan all through my stations. Is it something I am doing or is it Sirrius. This may also be a stupid question but should I be able to press any of the information on the screen itself or is it all buttons on the side of the communication center. Thank you all in advance. Richard.

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,306 Posts
Richard,

I moved your sirius thread out of new member intro

you already made a new member intro thread n you only get one of those otherwise members start welcoming you again

·
Administrator Founding Member since 2006
103,306 Posts
Have you contacted Sirius so they can 'hit' your receiver again?
or you can do it online
do you have an account with sirius?

·
Premium Member 2009 SLK55 AMG
13,314 Posts
I used Sirrius for the 1st 6 months for free, then realized I could just plug in my IPOD and listen to my own music for free without commercials, and no cruddy songs.

·
Premium Member 2012 SLK350
1,454 Posts
Hi Richard, welcome from Washington, DC.

A couple of things regarding Sirius:

-An active subscription is required.

-If you are't a subscriber you may be able to get a trial, call and ask at 866-528-7474.

-As Jeff mentioned, if you have an active subscription, call Sirius on 855-697-3373 or go online, to have a refresh signal sent to your radio. This is a fix for missing channels. You'll need the radio ID that you can find by tuning to channel 0.

-The screen is not touchscreen.

A note regarding Sirius/XM subscriptions, they will always offer you a deal if you ask. For the past 12 years I have paid $70 plus tax for my annual subscription and carried it over to the SLK. All you have to do is call before your trial or current subscription ends and ask for a reduced rate or you'd like to cancel. When they ask why I tell them I love the service but cannot justify $200 a year with other options like CDs, iPods, Memory Cards and Streaming readily available. I have also done this after the subscription renewed at full price and I was issued a refund for the difference. Sirius/XM customer server are very nice and accommodating and they don't want to lose subscribers.

New to me with the SLK was live traffic and dynamic navigation routing like Google Maps; it requires a separate subscription for traffic and weather (two different subs). It is something like $6 a month but you can get both for $29 a year if that is of interest to those that have that option.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the posts. I do have a Sirrius account. I have had Sirrius hit my receiver three times with no luck. Very frustrating. I believe I will do as Lil Don SLK wrote; plug in my iphone and play my own music. For years I have been following this site; I now realize how much I missed by not joining. Glad to be here. Richard.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.