Mercedes SLK World banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
*Registered
2005 SLK55 AMG
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a pioneer 4100 nex in my 2007 Slk 280. I would like to know if anyone has ever used the factory sirius xm antenna to connect to the sirius xm tuner for the pioneer 4100 nex.. What I need to find out is, this possible or do I need a adapter or can I take the connector end off and just use the center to plug in..
I would like to use the factory antenna and not install another antenna. Any help would be much appreciated.:smile:

·
*Premium Member
2006 SLK350
143 Posts
I am installing a pioneer 4100 nex in my 2007 Slk 280. I would like to know if anyone has ever used the factory sirius xm antenna to connect to the sirius xm tuner for the pioneer 4100 nex.. What I need to find out is, this possible or do I need a adapter or can I take the connector end off and just use the center to plug in..
I would like to use the factory antenna and not install another antenna. Any help would be much appreciated.
Quick question .... are you rewiring to the speakers or using a bypass around the optic in to the amplifier first?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
220 Posts
I'm going to let take my car in and let it be professionally installed. So thanks any ways for your help.
Daniel, were you able to use the oem Sirius tuner and antenna that came with your car? I have audio 20 and would like to install the pioneer 4100 but use the oem Sirius setup that came with the car. How do you like the Pioneer 4100?

·
Registered 2006 SLK350
220 Posts
Did you get this sorted with a pro installer? I have the same setup in my car and would also like to switch to the 4100. Did you have to buy another Sirius tuner or did they use the existing one in your car? Did they use the Sirius antenna on the trunk? Please let me know, I want to start ordering adapters and such. Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.