Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an extra sealed and new sirius satellite antenna in black (larger model 2005 with torque screw).

It is new, sealed, with Mercedes part numbers, etc...contains all parts and wiring.

make me an offer if interested.

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:)Good luck. Chances are you'll find little interest. The very early 2005 SLKs that came with factory satellite had the large, non painted black (wart) style antenna on the rear trunk. Early in the 2005 production run, MB switched to a much smaller, eye pleasing, body color antenna. I reviewed a old thread on this subject. The larger, black antenna had a two wire connector while the new style has only one wire. Per the thread, "a" dealer said they weren't interchangeable.

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
96,649 Posts
i had my choice and bought the smaller one and if you remember i had it installed in 'stealth' mode under the engine cole vent on my previous 05 slk 350.

·
aka John
13,012 Posts
You *can* use the original wart on a newer car - you just have a free wire that does not get connected - basically the original's had the terrestrial carrier and the sat carrier on two physically different wires.

I'm a firm hater of the big wart, but good luck with the sale!

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks you guys. I appreciate the input...we can start or continue discussion in the discussion threads rather than the for sale section. I am very aware of all this so it's not news to me.

Just have an extra one if anyone needs it.

this is the one i have on my car... previous owner from this forum had it replaced with a painted one...

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
Thanks you guys. I appreciate the input...we can start or continue discussion in the discussion threads rather than the for sale section. I am very aware of all this so it's not news to me.

Just have an extra one if anyone needs it.

this is the one i have on my car... previous owner from this forum had it replaced with a painted one...
:)I can appreciate your reply and reasoning. Not all are savvy and it's best they know the difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.