Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sadly Gregg has passed away
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sirius advertises a la carte packages for abut 8$ per month. This fits my need since I would never listen to 80% of the channels. However, Sirius says the radio must be capable of a la carte programming. So....do MB radios have this a la carte capability?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,421 Posts
years older than our 2009 have it

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, are you saying that 2009 - 2012 MB vehicles do not have a la carte capability?

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding Member 2006
97,421 Posts
i am saying my 2009 model sirius radio does not. if you call sirius, by the esn number, they can tell if it is ala cart capable

·
Premium Member
882 Posts
I think XM/Sirrus is just overrated. I never enabled it on my SLK the preview channels had poor bitrate which results in poor audio quality. If you listen to talk shows and news, I guess that's OK. For me, it's Pandora and a $36/year and I can listen to it anywhere. Have my stations that I have been customizing for the last 4 years already, no commercials. Perfect!

-K

·
Fanatical Member-sold-->2010 SLK300
3,419 Posts
Although I do have Sirius, I agree completely with cheahk. I think Pandora is one of the best things since sliced bread. Especially for a guy like me who lives in a musical time bubble. :biglaugh:

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
Looove pandora!

Got channels for...

1. 80s glam rock
  2. 70s disco
  3. 70s light rock
  4. 70s classic rock
  5. 70s pop (aka elevator music - as my honey would say)
  6. Classic hard rock (aka my honey's music when he's riding b!tch)

·
Premium Member 2013 SLK250
2,421 Posts
If you call and tell them you are going to cancel they will switch you to a customer retention person who will give you a special price to not cancel. If it is a new car and the trail is running out let it run out and a month after is stops working you will get letters in the mail with a special price. either way it will most likely be a better price than la carte pricing.

·
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
An email to Sirius was finally answered. As Jeff pointed out a la carte is not available for MB radios. I appreciate the advice regarding Pandora and will explore that option. Thanks!

·
Registered 2012 SLK250-gone
1,212 Posts
got some weird workings going on with the COMAND whenever I get in the car and use my iPhone music app. Sometimes it doesn't register the song info. I've been able to reset it by unplugging it and replugging it. However it seems as if I connect it prior to starting the engine (like if i left the phone in the car), it has "Entry 5... " etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.