Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered 2012 SLK250 CDI
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Just noticed that Beaulieu Motor Museum have just announced the date for their next Simply Mercedes event for Sunday 23rd August 2020.

It is a great place to visit at anytime and even better when the grounds are full of old and new Mercedes cars! Entry is only £10.50 in advance ( assuming you are driving a Merc) and includes parking inside and full entry to all that the museum offers! More info here

EDIT- Trev has kindly offered to organise, see quote below.
OK, let us be the first on the list for Simply Mercedes @ Beaulieu Motor Museum on Sunday 23rd August:

1 - Trev' & Carole (@Trevs5) << Organiser >>
2 -

We have booked "Passford House Hotel" - Website: Home | Passford House Hotel | New Forest Hotel & Restaurant
....which is just ~15 minutes scenic drive from Beaulieu Motor Museum :cool:
Could meet up on the Saturday evening, if other people are staying over 🍴🍺🍷

The New Forest is a lovely area to visit - Google Street View: Google Maps
Plus the delights of the South Coast 🍦🍦⛱

·
Super Moderator CA 2012 SLK55 AMG w/P30
11,968 Posts
For those interested, this past summers' get-together

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just noticed that Beaulieu Motor Museum have just announced the date for their next Simply Mercedes event for Sunday 23rd August 2020.

It is a great place to visit at anytime and even better when the grounds are full of old and new Mercedes cars! Entry is only £10.50 in advance ( assuming you are driving a Merc) and includes parking inside and full entry to all that the museum offers! More info here

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,520 Posts
Are we talking of a group event here?

If so, I can sticky in the UK section and add to calendar.

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are we talking of a group event here?

If so, I can sticky in the UK section and add to calendar.
I dont know, I will certainly be going, mainly as it is very close to me! But my organisational skills are not good so best let another organise this if it is to be a group event! Rather like the idea of lots of SLK's turning up and parking together :)

·
Premium Member 2018 SLC43
2,380 Posts
This did look a good event (in 2019..!!) and definitely up for attending this in 2020 (y)

August could be tricky for accommodation, but was thinking whether this could be made into a informal longer weekend event, especially for those traveling from, well "North" of the New Forest...!!

·
2,380 Posts
Still up for this, though just looking at accommodation and a tad pricey....!! :unsure:
....not only school holidays, but "Bournemouth Air Festival" that weekend:
1580568067812.png

·
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also a lot of cruise ships coming Into Southampton that weekend which will push up hotel rates in the city but others in the countryside will be more reasonable.

·
2,380 Posts
OK, let us be the first on the list for Simply Mercedes @ Beaulieu Motor Museum on Sunday 23rd August:

1 - Trev' & Carole (@Trevs5) << Organiser >>
2 -

We have booked "Passford House Hotel" - Website: Home | Passford House Hotel | New Forest Hotel & Restaurant
....which is just ~15 minutes scenic drive from Beaulieu Motor Museum :cool:
Could meet up on the Saturday evening, if other people are staying over 🍴🍺🍷

The New Forest is a lovely area to visit - Google Street View: Google Maps
Plus the delights of the South Coast 🍦🍦⛱

·
2,380 Posts
Until someone wishes to step in as organiser:
That'll be Me then...!! :cool:

Just looking at this Simply Mercedes Event Link: Simply Mercedes

There are two options for us SLK world people (Plus face lift R172's - SLC owners!).

COMING WITH FRIENDS?

If you wish to park up alongside your friends you must all arrive together with individual e-tickets as we are unable to reserve adjacent spaces for later arrivals.

BRING THE CLUB!

Pre-booked clubs are welcome at our Simply events. Please contact the events team at least two weeks prior to the event to reserve your space and provide us with the following information:

Club Name
No. of Cars expected to attend (minimum 10 cars)
Name of Club Organiser
Contact Number & Email for Organiser
Any Disability Requirements

Final vehicle numbers will be required two weeks prior to the event. All participants will require one ticket per person. Club Information will be emailed to Club Organisers approximately one week prior to the event.

Clubs are requested to arrive at the same time in order to allow our stewards to park your members faster. Please note that club areas will only be reserved until 10am, after this time the area will be released to other participants. Individual club members arriving after 10am are not guaranteed to be able to join their booked club area.

So once We have 10 paid up people coming, I'll apply for Club Parking (y)

·
Super Moderator UK SLK 55 AMG 2007
25,520 Posts
Please add your username to the list below if interested:-

• Trev' & Carole (@Trevs5) << Organiser >>
  • MartinatMersea
  • npb748r

1 - 15 of 15 Posts