Mercedes SLK World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone who upgraded aftermarket wheels tell me if the following will fit on my slk280? I'm going from stock 16s

Front is 18x8.5 offset of 32
Rear is 18x9.5 offset of 35

Spacers?

Attachments

·
Administrator 2009 SLK 55 AMG/Founding member 2006
94,246 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Nice looking options, but be aware that many of the larger wheels weigh significantly more than the original 16" factory wheels. Forged wheels may actually be lighter, but they are really spendy. Heavier wheels will increase your rotating mass and adversely affect acceleration, braking, and cornering.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Beekster. What do you have?

Nice looking options, but be aware that many of the larger wheels weigh significantly more than the original 16" factory wheels. Forged wheels may actually be lighter, but they are really spendy. Heavier wheels will increase your rotating mass and adversely affect acceleration, braking, and cornering.
What do you have? The 16s just look so small

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
What do you have? The 16s just look so small
I have 16's, one of the optional 5-spoke OEM styles. I don't worry about them looking small; I'm more interested not compromising the nimble nature of the chassis with heavier rolling stock. The 280 doesn't have enough horsepower in reserve to overcome the weight penalty of heavier wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts