Mercedes SLK World banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Don - Founding Member #4
5,857 Posts
:tu: Looking good! Not many SLKs on 20s. Would like to see a side shot. How's the ride? Beautiful car.

·
Premium Member
1,358 Posts
Great looking car. Those rims look massive! Can't imagine they wouldn't give you issues with rubbing.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Nice car, the road doesn't look too smooth, how is the ride quality? and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You

Nice car, the road doesn't look too smooth, how is the ride quality? and welcome to the forum.
I do ok with the ride quality, I used the car for work and weekend, always find a smooth road bro. hehe, everybody using 20 on slk here. Anyway u got a good ride too. Thank you

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank You

Very nice looking ride!!! What size tires are you running and any mods to get them to fit without rubbing issues. Real sweet looking ride!! Congrats!!
First im junior in automotive bro, but the man use coilover. Mayb just that and no others mods.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you

Superb, Congrats I think 20"s are too much for the R171
I have exactly the same idea with you, coz i see everyone using 19' on R171. But in here everbody using 20' so i just follow them bro. The man told me as long we use a lights wheels material there should be no problem with 20'. Keep u inform. Thanks bro

·
Premium 2006 SLK55 AMG (Kleemann K2)
10,723 Posts
I have exactly the same idea with you, coz i see everyone using 19' on R171. But in here everbody using 20' so i just follow them bro. The man told me as long we use a lights wheels material there should be no problem with 20'. Keep u inform. Thanks bro
Thank you.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
Wheels] Versus : Black Label 20'
[Tire] Michelin

245-30/20
285-25/20

What size do you use bro ??
285?? wow that's wide, did you have to modify anything to fit. My 265 barely fit without rubbing.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
285?? wow that's wide, did you have to modify anything to fit. My 265 barely fit without rubbing.
I ask the man and let you know. But i'm sure nothing being modify, i told the man not to damage anything. He said any slk using 20 doing fine so far as long they used light wheels ex forged whells.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have you all experience with vario roof, they said we can converting below 50km. Is that thing legal from mercedes benz ? if so what kind of product is the best ? Please help bro, i'm looking forward to install it. Thank you

·
Founding Member #2 2008 SLK55 AMG
19,395 Posts
Have you all experience with vario roof, they said we can converting below 50km. Is that thing legal from mercedes benz ? if so what kind of product is the best ? Please help bro, i'm looking forward to install it. Thank you

Use the SmartTop module (available from SLK store, top row menu). Installation is the same as this link: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-class/1259156-you-wait-ages-genuine-remote-roof-module-then-2-come-along-virtually-once-30.html

Study pages 11, 28 and 30 well.

The roof module allows you to operate the roof at speeds less than 30 mph/50 kph. Road must be smooth and level and no speed bumps.

·
Founding Member
4,599 Posts
I ask the man and let you know. But i'm sure nothing being modify, i told the man not to damage anything. He said any slk using 20 doing fine so far as long they used light wheels ex forged whells.
Cool, I was going to try 275's but was afraid of rubbing, my 265 barely fit w/o rubbing. It all depends on tire brand also. Forged wheels are the way to go, both light and strong. :tu:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Use the SmartTop module (available from SLK store, top row menu). Installation is the same as this link: http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r171-slk-class/1259156-you-wait-ages-genuine-remote-roof-module-then-2-come-along-virtually-once-30.html

Study pages 11, 28 and 30 well.

The roof module allows you to operate the roof at speeds less than 30 mph/50 kph. Road must be smooth and level and no speed bumps.
Sounds great boxster have this feature, i'm just concern is that broke MB warranty. Have u installed ? How is that work, i like that very much, quite boring spending too much time to convert and not enough time in traffic lights. How much the ST module ? is that possible for shipping to asia ? thks man

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cool, I was going to try 275's but was afraid of rubbing, my 265 barely fit w/o rubbing. It all depends on tire brand also. Forged wheels are the way to go, both light and strong. :tu:
Just try it, that should be ok. Honestly i love the way you modified, your car look so hot and cute. What brand of short antenna you use ?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.